Before doing CELTA, I already had substantial teaching experience, so there weren’t really many new things for me. However, to become a student once again and to be observed and commented on by tutors and peers was a rare treat, because teachers don’t often get inspected on a regular basis. So, I had a fresh look at what I do in the classroom and how I do it. I also benefited from observing and analyzing the way in which our tutors criticized us. They did it in such a firm, but respectful manner that it only left us with the question “how can I make it better next time” not “God, I’m hopeless, how can I survive this”. The atmosphere of the course was absolutely amazing and extremely supportive. I did my best and received “Pass A” for the course. For me personally CELTA proved to be a tool to raise my self-esteem. I don’t think that any therapist could have made me feel that confident and successful as a professional.
Course LocationMoscow, Russia
- Library with books on methodology and grammar reference books
- All classrooms are equipped with a projector and TV
- A computer room with access to printers and photocopiers
- Support in arrangements of accommodations and transportation
- Free WiFi facilities
- A lunchroom with a fridge and a microwave oven