The site (www.studycelta.com) is a platform developed for the advertising of English language teacher training programmes, particularly the CELTA and DELTA courses. These programmes are offered by accredited partners with their centres located around the world. StudyCELTA through its site recruits and assists candidates to join the programmes offered by the partnered centres. All data collected via the StudyCELTA web platform is for the sole purpose of promoting CELTA and DELTA courses and the liaising with candidates interested in such programmes.
The owner and designer of the site is StudyCELTA, part of the Frameworks Education Group Ltd. with Head Office in Cambridge, United Kingdom.
The user information collected via this webpage belongs to the site owner, and will ultimately only be shared with the partnered centres offering the programmes chosen by the candidates or through related English Language Teaching services offered by Frameworks Education Group Ltd. The processing of CELTA and DELTA course bookings is the main purpose for the sharing of the data.
Collection and use of personal information
Here are some types of personal data that the site may collect and use:
What personal data we collect
When you browse the site studycelta.com and if you fill out our online contact form, LiveChat or course application forms, we may collect a series of data that are necessary for the correct registration of your query and/or booking. This data may include among other things, your name, address, telephone number, email address, contact preferences, etc.
The admin team of the site will use this information to satisfy your requests, provide you with the product or service relevant to your needs.
How we use your personal data
The personal data collected by us allows us to keep you updated on the announcements of some of the latest courses promoted via studycelta.com and on upcoming events and relevant opportunities.
We also use personal data to develop, provide and improve our courses, services, content and advertising materials, as well as to prevent losses and fraud. In addition, we can use them to ensure network and account security, and to protect our services for the benefit of all our users.
Personal data, including the date of birth, can be used to verify identity, facilitate user identification and determine which services are appropriate.
We may periodically use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications relating to the services offered, as well as our conditions and policies.
We may also use personal data for internal purposes, for verification, data analysis and research to improve products, services and communications with customers,
Collection and use of non-personal data
We also collect data that is in a form that does not permit direct association with a specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal data collected by us and their use:
- We can, for example, collect data on language, unique device identification code, reference URL, etc., in order to better understand customer behaviour and improve our products, services and advertising materials.
- We may collect and store details about the use that users make of our services, including searches. This information can be used to improve the relevance of the results provided by our services.
- Disclosure to third parties
The site periodically makes certain personal data available to the centres offering the programmes chosen by the candidate (i.e. web user), these centres collaborate with the site for the supply of products and services acting as the ultimate seller of the products.
It may be necessary the site (by law, court proceedings, litigation and / or requests by public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence) to disclose your personal data. We may also disclose your information if we believe that, for purposes of national security, compliance with the law or other matters of public importance, it is necessary or appropriate to do so.
We may disclose your information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to apply our terms and conditions or to protect our activities or users. Furthermore, in the event of reorganisation, merger or sale, we may transfer all personal data collected by us to third parties affected by such transactions.
Data protection personal
The site takes care of the security of your personal information. For the storage of personal data by the site, information systems with limited access are used.
Access to personal data
On request, we will let you know the personal data about you stored by us so that you can perform any operation you require, for example requesting to correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete it if the site is not held to keep them as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may refuse to respond to requests that are futile / harassing, damaging the privacy of others, extremely difficult to meet or where access to data is not otherwise covered by local law. The site may also refuse to comply with requests for deletion or access to data if it considers that fulfilling this request is contrary to the legitimate use of data for anti-fraud purposes and to ensure security, as described previously.
Third party websites and services
The websites, products, applications and services of the site may contain links to websites, products and services of third parties.
Data collected by third parties, which may include geographic or contact information, are governed by their respective privacy policies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those third parties.
Consent to the processing of personal data
Your information will be treated in a certain manner and for the following purposes:
- Object of the treatment
The holder treats personal identification data (in particular, your name, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, and any information capable of identifying the person concerned, following “Personal data” or “data”) communicated through the first processing.
- Purpose of the processing
The personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
- Fulfil the pre-contractual and contractual obligations deriving from existing relationships (i.e. programme booking) with the centre offering the programme of the candidate’s choice.
- Fulfil the obligations established by law, by a regulation, by community legislation or by an order of the Authority;
- To send data to external managers nominated by the owner of the site, corresponding to the categories of persons (physical or legal) listed in the treatment register;
- Allow any registration to the website, if any;
- Preventing or discovering fraudulent activities or harmful abuses committed by third parties;
- Exercise the rights of the owner of the site, for example the right to defend in court;
- Send commercial communications relating to services and products of the owner of the site and its partnered centres similar to those already used, unless expressly disagree.
- Methods of processing
The processing of personal data is carried out by means of the operations indicated in art. 4 n. 2 GDPR and more precisely: collection, registration, organization, storage, consultation, processing, modification, selection, extraction, comparison, use, interconnection, blocking, communication, cancellation and destruction of data. The personal data of the person of interest shall be processed in both paper and electronic and / or automated.
- Duration of treatment
The Holder will process your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes of Article 2. with this information and no later than 10 years from the termination of the relationship and not over 2 years from the collection of personal data for any marketing purposes as per article 2, point 7 of this statement
- Access to data
Your data may be made accessible for the purposes referred to in Article 2:
- to employees and collaborators of the Data Controller as Data Processors and / or Data Processors, as well as to the DPO (Data Protection Officer), if appointed;
- to third parties (for example: servers, providers for the management and maintenance of the website, suppliers, lenders, professional offices, service co-operatives, etc. ) who carry out outsourcing activities on behalf of the Owner, in their capacity as external controllers, appointed by the owner.
- Storage and Data Transfer
The management and storage of personal data will be carried out on servers located within the European Union of the owner of the site and / or third-party companies appointed and duly appointed as Data Processors. In any case, it is understood that the Data Controller, where necessary, will have the right to move the server location to the European Union and / or non-EU countries.
- Communication of data
Without express consent (Art. 7 GDPR), the owner of the site can communicate your data for the purposes of art. 2. to Supervisory Bodies, Judicial Authorities and to all the other subjects to whom the communication is mandatory by law for the accomplishment of said purposes.
- Rights of the interested party
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
- How to exercise rights
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact us or email the Data Protection Officer for the site on email@example.com.