CELTA Course Entry Requirements
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You should be a native English speaker or have the equivalent (or above) level of IELTS 7.5, CEFR strong C1 level, Cambridge CPE. N.B. No certificate is necessary, as your English level will be tested in the (free) application process.
- Your education should be sufficient to apply for university.
- You do not need a degree.
- Acceptance is at the discretion of the CELTA tutor.
Non-native English speakers meeting the criteria are just as eligible to apply for the CELTA course as native English speakers.
DELTA Course Entry Requirements
- You must be at least 20 years of age.
- You should ideally hold a TEFL qualification (such as a CELTA certificate).
- You must have a minimum of one year’s experience (i.e. 1,200 hours) teaching English within the past 5 years.
- You must have a range of teaching experience involving work in different teaching contexts and experience of teaching learners at different language levels and ages.
- Acceptance is at the discretion of the DELTA tutor.
Please remember that non-native English speakers are welcome to apply for the DELTA course as well as native English speakers.
Don’t have the right English level yet? Improve you English with free English courses.
We are actively recruiting candidates to join online English classes hosted by our reputed partner schools. These courses are taught by teachers in training who are completing their CELTA course. The classes form part of their compulsory teaching practice as part of the CELTA course and CELTA tutors are present, assessing the class. This is also an opportunity for you to experience what English classes taught using the approaches and methodologies of the CELTA course are like.
We are looking for candidates with different English levels, so please also share this with another person and help them sign up.
Interested? All you need is a dedication to attending the sessions and a strong internet connection.