Cert IV in TESOL Courses in Sydney
Certificate IV in TESOL Course Dates & Fees Sydney
|Full Time Certificate IV in TESOL Courses in Sydney|
|Courses start every Monday|
(Enrolment fee of $200 for student visa holders/$100 for other visa holder + $150 materials fee) Monday to Friday from 10:15am - 18:30pm.
40649SA Certificate IV in TESOL Course Information
The nationally accredited Certificate IV TESOL course provides a qualification for teaching English in Australia and overseas. This course provides an intensive introduction to language teaching principles, approaches and methodology. It focuses on teaching English to adults.
The full time course is highly intensive. Study time is approximately 35 hours a week. Some of this will be classroom time and some will be independent study. You will have an additional 2 + hours per day of homework (reading, assignments and lesson preparation) and should also be prepared to study at the weekends.
- Adult learners – Motivation and learning styles
- Language analysis and awareness – Basic concepts and terminology used by English teachers, introduction to sounds of English and how to teach pronunciation
- Practical approaches for teaching language – grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation
- Practical approaches for teaching language skills – listening, reading speaking and writing
- Principles of lesson planning
- Teaching materials and resources
- Classroom management techniques
- Design of courses in the VET sector
Activities: Cert IV Sydney
- Teaching practice (6 assessed hours): A valuable opportunity to practice the skills you will learn on the course.
- Supervised lesson planning: Your experienced tutors will guide you in designing your own lesson plans and introduce you to a range of teaching resources and materials
- Feedback and counselling: Detailed personalised feedback from your tutor for all your lessons, as well as regular progress reports and individual counselling. You will also have the opportunity to discuss your lesson with the other participants on the course.
A typical Day:
- Morning: 2 hours class
- Afternoon: Supervised self access teaching preparation + 2 hours class/observation/observed lesson
- Evening: assignments
- The nationally recognised 40649SA Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) that you receive on successful completion of the Cert IV TESOL course is accredited under the Australian Qualifications Training Framework (AQTF).
- The Training Center in Sydney is a registered training organisation in Australia (RTO). RTO qualifications are recognised throughout Australia and increasingly in other countries.
- Entry Criteria for the Cert IV TESOL
- No teaching experience is required
- Minimum IELTS 5.5 - with language support. If you cannot demonstrate this level with a certificate, there is a language test that you can do for assessment.
Certificate IV in TESOL Course Assessment
- There is no final examination.
- Assessment is continuous and is based on:
- Classroom teaching practice (planning, teaching, discussion & reflection) for six hours
- Written Assignments X 3
- All assessment tasks should be handed in to the tutor by the due date or time specified on the Cert IV TESOL timetable.
- You should retain a copy of your assessment task
Requests for Extensions: In exceptional circumstances a request can be made for an extension, giving the reason for the request and the length of extension required. Any such requests should be made in writing to the tutor at least one day prior to the assignment due date. Granting of an extension is at the discretion of the Cert IV TESOL team.
All assessed components must be completed within the course period. In exceptional circumstances, participants may apply to the Director to defer the course or defer course assessment. This must be done in writing prior to the end of the course.
How to Apply
If you think you meet the above requirements for the Certificate IV in TESOL course in Sydney, contact us to request an application pack.
Once you fill out the application pack, you be contacted by one of the TESOL tutors to arrange an interview. If your interview is successful, you will be offered a place on the course, and will have to pay a deposit to secure your spot on the course. The full balance must be paid seven days prior to the course start date.