This was a full-time online course that was implemented due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Despite this being a new way to teach the CELTA course, I believe that the course was handled professionally and to a high standard. Although there were sometimes issues with using Zoom for teaching, this course gave me a valuable insight into online teaching and how our methodology would translate into the physical classroom, thereby grounding us in both pedagogical spheres.
I really enjoyed every second of the CELTA course and I can’t rate the course highly enough for the following reasons:
1) Both the fact that this was a six-week course and that the tutors were so communicative to our needs with scheduling meant that the workload was very manageable.
2) The input sessions gave a great grounding on the methodology and the ability to then use this methodology in assignments and our own lessons were invaluable. Thanks to this course I have improved my understanding of lesson staging and language analysis (especially phonetics).
3) The tutors themselves at Izmir were outstanding. Jackie, Kelci, and Alice – thank you for all you have done for us. The feedback was constructive, fair, and gave us a clear insight on how to improve each and every day. There was praise, motivation, and you instilled a true joyfulness in the course. My tutors were always available to help, and it was comforting knowing that we had this superb support system.
Before doing this course I had a bad experience with a teacher training course in my own country. This CELTA course and the Izmir centre have helped me rediscover my love of teaching and have taught me so much in such a short time. I now have the building blocks to continue my professional development and I am sure that I will utilise what I have learned in my CELTA course throughout my life.
This course is for everyone – both people who are new to teaching and experienced teachers. Before applying for the CELTA I had read horror stories online about this being an almost impossible course that is extremely stressful. My experience couldn’t have been more different from that. It was fun, informative, and, yes, challenging too at times, but it was scaffolded in such a way that I never felt overloaded.
I fully recommend the online full-time CELTA course and the Izmir centre. Thank you for this opportunity.
Course LocationIzmir, Turkey
- Located near the Çankaya metro
- Close to the seaside boulevard and amenities
- Fully equipped modern training establishment
The centre in Izmir is an internationally recognised Cambridge English teacher training centre. It was established in 2010, offering courses in both modern languages and teacher training. The centre in İzmir takes into account the needs of the public and provides a sound education system whilst maintaining the standards that have been set. The centre equips learners with knowledge, abilities and strategies for life-long learning throughout local and international training courses for teachers. These courses allow teachers to share their knowledge and experience in a professional environment.