Actually, CELTA changed my teaching techniques and concepts to a new path. I am definitely well-prepared, confident and ready to start teaching and applying what I have learned.
I could not be any more satisfied with my all tutors, especially Liz and Majid. Also, Huss was supportive and helpful too. They have been unbelievably inspiring, motivating, helpful and understanding. They were knowledgeable and very professional. They taught us very well and were always listening and putting great efforts into helping us understand and completely learn new concepts according to the teaching field. They have definitely left a lifelong touch on my career and heart.
Time organization is the key. Never put anything to the last minute. Take your time when preparing the assignments and lesson plannings. Learn to switch fast from the student mood to the teacher character. I would advise new people to be resilient and work very hard. But the most important thing that they really should follow to pass the course, is to listen to the tutor’s feedback and advice carefully because their advice is the basis of our success.
The classrooms were well-equipped and comfortable for all teachers. But the size of the library is small and equipment not enough for all teachers. The centre itself and the classrooms sizes were smaller and less comfortable than expected from a Cambridge connected course.
Course LocationIstanbul (Levent), Turkey
Istanbul (Levent), Turkey
- Located in north-central Istanbul on the European side of the city
- Located near the National Defense University
- Fully resourced training library and facilities
- Internationally experienced team
- Area where trainees can work on their assignments and lesson planning
- Computers, printers, photocopying
- An on campus restaurant
- A well stocked CELTA library with all the necessary language and methodology titles you will need for your background reading during the course with a range of recently published course books used in the classroom, grammar books, and other supplementary materials for vocabulary, pronunciation, reading, listening, writing, speaking, etc.
The training centre in Levent has successfully trained thousands of EFL teachers since first running TESOL courses in Istanbul in 1987.