Delta Modules Mexico City
About Delta Module Courses in Mexico City
The Delta (Cambridge Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) is a higher ELT qualification for experienced teachers, who either want to move into more senior teaching or directive roles, or hone in on their skills as a teacher. It is suitable for candidates who have completed an initial English teaching certificate (such as the CELTA or Trinity TESOL), and have at least two years (1200 hours) of ESL teaching experience to variety of levels.
The Delta course modules in Mexico City have been designed with the working teacher in mind; their flexible, online-blended format strikes the right balance between studying and continuing to make a steady income.
The Module 1 and 3 courses are taken completely online, and are culminated by a written exam (module 1) and the submission of a dissertation (module 3). The module 2 course, however, combines both online and face to face study. The online study for Module 2 facilitates early methodology, which in turn helps trainees to prepare for their eventual face-to-face components. The course includes:
- Input (theories, methods and approaches, lesson planning, research and language analysis, etc.).
- Diagnostic lesson –” you will teach a Diagnostic Lesson” and Delta tutors will give you feedback before you engage in officially assessed Delta teaching.
- Experimental Practice- as part of Module 2, you will have to complete an “Experimental Practice” lesson. This is not observed nor assessed by a Delta tutor, and is focused on an aspect of teaching , techniques or approach you've never tried out before. This is part of your ” Professional.
- Development Assignment” (PDA).
- Reflection and Action – As part of the PDA, you need to start working on your area of development and action points The RA (Reflection and Action), has 4 parts to it.
- LSA1 – Background essay
Delta Course Content in Mexico City
- Theoretical perspectives on language acquisition and language teaching
- Different approaches and methodologies, including current developments
- Language systems and learners’ linguistic problems
- Language skills and learners’ problems
- Knowledge of resources, materials and reference sources for language teaching
- Key concepts and terminology related to assessment
- The language learner and the language learning context
- Preparation for teaching adult learners of English
- Evaluating, selecting and using resources / materials for teaching purposes
- Managing and supporting learning
- Evaluation of lesson preparation and teaching
- Observations/evaluations of other teachers’ lessons
- Professionalism and opportunities for professional development
- Research into specialist areas
Delta Eligibility Criteria in Mexico City
All applicants for the Delta course in Mexico City must have:
- At least two years' full time teaching English to adults (approximately 1,200 hours) within the last 5 years, involving work in different contexts to a variety of levels
- Candidates are usually university graduates or qualified teachers and have a Cambridge ESOL CELTA or equivalent.
- Applicants must have a highly developed awareness of language and sufficient competence in English, both written and spoken, to enable them to follow the course and complete all assessed elements.
If you're unsure about your eligibility, contact one of our Delta experts who will assess you profile and let you know if you're eligible.
Find a TEFL Job Post Delta
As a StudyCELTA trainee, you will be able to sign up for free to our TEFL jobs website www.teflwork.com. TEFLwork is a platform only for qualified English teachers and will allow you to find work both at home and abroad with your newly gained Delta diploma.
How to Apply for Delta in Mexico City
If you'd like to apply for a Delta course in Mexico City, just fill out the initial application. One of our admissions officers will be in touch with you with the full application to fill out. You may be asked to provide details on your experience, a copy of your highest TEFL qualification, and references.
Once we receive the full application, we will pass it onto our Delta tutors in Mexico City to assess. They will then contact you to organise the interview.