CELTA Courses Barletta, Italy
No courses available at the moment
- University of Cambridge accredited
- 15 minute walk from the beach
- Assistance with job opportunities for CELTA graduates
- Assistance with accommodation
CELTA Course Dates & Fees via Barletta, Italy
SELECT * FROM zoho_course_dates WHERE 1 AND (training_centre_id = '1947939523') AND (types = 'CELTA') AND ( start_date > 1653804667 OR start_date = 0 ) ORDER BY start_date ASC
Array ( )
About the CELTA via Barletta, Italy
Introducing the CELTA
The CELTA is an initial qualification for anyone looking to teach English as a foreign language. Some may have limited teaching experience, but lack formal training, while others may have no previous teaching experience. What the CELTA does is open up a whole realm of exciting teaching opportunities around the world. Because it is awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment, part of the world-famous University of Cambridge, you can rely on its quality and recognition. Over 10,000 people successfully complete a CELTA course each year.
CELTA is “the” TEFL qualification because of the following:
It is the most frequently sought-after qualification for TEFL jobs worldwide.
- It offers real-life teaching practice with real students
- It is moderated by the University of Cambridge every time a course runs, not just on an occasional basis
- Tutors are highly qualified, experienced trainers in well-established teacher education centres
Who is the CELTA for?
In our many years of experience, we have found that the four most popular reasons for taking a CELTA are:
- Travel relocation
- Change of career
- Progression in an English Language Teaching (ELT) career
- Making the most of retirement
About the Cambridge CELTA Course
The Cambridge CELTA Certificate (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is an initial TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course in teaching English for candidates who have little or no previous experience in teaching English as a foreign language. The course is also suitable for those already in the ELT industry looking to broaden their knowledge and teaching techniques.
The CELTA qualification is an ELT (English Language Teaching) certificate, which incorporates TESL (Teaching English as Second Language) and TEFL (Teaching English as Foreign Language). It is acknowledged by international teaching centres throughout the world and is the most highly regarded TEFL qualification in the Czech Republic.
The course includes practical teaching with real foreign students in a classroom, observation of professional TEFL teachers and completion of a variety of relevant written assignments.
- It provides you with a strong basis in English teaching practice and gives you self-confidence in a classroom environment,
- It helps you learn TEFL techniques to improve your interaction with students;
- It gives you a qualification that can open up opportunities around the world
The syllabus consists of five units of learning that deal with specific topic areas in the teaching of ESL:
- Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
- Language analysis and awareness
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism
CELTA Course Entry Criteria
To be accepted for the CELTA course, applicants ideally should:
- Have a standard of education equivalent to that required for entry into university
- Be aged 18 or over
- Have a standard of English which will enable you to teach at a range of levels. If you are not a native speaker you should have a command of the language at a strong C1 level (CAE, IELTS band 7.5 or equivalent). Please note that your English level will be assessed through the application process.
Centres may still accept you at their discretion if you do not match the education entry requirement, but are able to demonstrate relevant life experience. If you are not sure if you are eligible, email us at: email@example.com and we will be happy to advise.
How is the CELTA Course Assessed?
There are three pass grades for the CELTA – Pass, Pass ‘B’ and Pass ‘A’.
The assessment of CELTA is continuous and integrated. There is no final exam.
The candidates are assessed primarily in the areas of:
- Teaching practice
- Written assignments
The CELTA course also takes into consideration various aspects of professionalism and professional development.
- Professional attitude to learning, feedback and teaching practice
- Attendance (100% attendance is to be expected)
- Punctuality and organisation
CELTA Course Content and CELTA Syllabus
You can find out more about the CELTA course content and syllabus via this page.
During the CELTA course, there is time devoted to provide you with useful information about how, where and when to look for teaching work after the course in Italy and all around the world. The CELTA qualification is the most prestigious and well-known of all the TEFL courses. It is recognised all over the world, not only in Italy. This means that with the CELTA qualification, numerous TEFL job opportunities are available worldwide.
When checking websites advertising English teaching jobs, you will often see CELTA listed as the preferred qualification.
Following the CELTA, teachers can continue to study for the DELTA in order to advance into school management positions. We encourage trainees to keep in touch with us after they have finished their course either so we can advise them on how to go on to do the DELTA course, or to give advice on finding work.
Also, as a StudyCELTA trainee, you will be able to sign up for free to our TEFL jobs website www.teflwork.com. TEFLwork is a platform only for qualified English teachers and will allow you to find work both at home and abroad with your newly gained CELTA certificate. It is the only jobs website specialised in job opportunities for CELTA and DELTA graduates.
How to Apply for the CELTA via Barletta, Italy
If you believe you meet the requirements to do the CELTA course, please complete our online application form. After completing your application form and any necessary pre-interview tasks your application will be assessed and, if all is satisfactory, you will be invited to an interview with the CELTA Course Tutor. The CELTA interview can be conducted in person or via video conferencing.
Please note: Your place is not confirmed on a course until you have been accepted and have paid a non-refundable deposit.
Enrolment Process and Conditions
- Apply Online:
- Apply online with us. We will check and send your application to the relevant tutor and follow up.
- If your online application is accepted, you will be interviewed live online or face-to-face.
- After you have successfully completed the interview stage of the application process with the course tutor, you will be offered a place on the CELTA.
- Before paying your course fees, which you pay to the provider, please be sure to read the terms and conditions (including any cancellation or refund policies) that will be sent to you by the course provider. If you have not received these at this stage, please be sure to contact the centre to request them.
- Follow up from us:
- We will be checking all the way to make sure your application goes smoothly. Any doubts? Change of plans? Need to change location or course provider? Come back to us.