CELTA Courses Phnom Penh, Cambodia
CELTA centre rated 4.6/5
Formats available: 100% Online
- University of Cambridge accredited
- Located in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Assistance with job opportunities for CELTA graduates
- Assistance with accommodation
CELTA Course Dates & Fees in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Online CELTA Courses
Take the CELTA 100% Online from the comfort of your home! Your questions about the Online CELTA answered below.
Online – Part-Time
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
TP times: Tuesday: 6-9pm, Thursday: 6-9pm and Saturday: 9.30am-3pm
Cambodia time zone (GMT+7)
All course fees included.
|03-Jul-2023 – 09-Sep-2023 CELTA Online (Part-Time)||1600.00 USD ($)||Apply Now|
|25-Sep-2023 – 08-Dec-2023 CELTA Online (Part-Time)||1600.00 USD ($)||Apply Now|
About the CELTA via Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Introducing the CELTA
The CELTA is an initial qualification for anyone looking to teach English as a foreign language. Some may have limited teaching experience, but lack formal training, while others may have no previous teaching experience. What the CELTA does is open up a whole realm of exciting teaching opportunities around the world. Because it is awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment, part of the world-famous University of Cambridge, you can rely on its quality and recognition. Over 10,000 people successfully complete a CELTA course each year.
CELTA is “the” TEFL qualification because of the following:
It is the most frequently sought-after qualification for TEFL jobs worldwide.
- It offers real-life teaching practice with real students
- It is moderated by the University of Cambridge every time a course runs, not just on an occasional basis
- Tutors are highly qualified, experienced trainers in well-established teacher education centres
Who is the CELTA for?
In our many years of experience, we have found that the four most popular reasons for taking a CELTA are:
- Travel relocation
- Change of career
- Progression in an English Language Teaching (ELT) career
- Making the most of retirement
About the Cambridge CELTA Course
The Cambridge CELTA Certificate (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) is an initial TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course in teaching English for candidates who have little or no previous experience in teaching English as a foreign language. The course is also suitable for those already in the ELT industry looking to broaden their knowledge and teaching techniques.
The CELTA qualification is an ELT (English Language Teaching) certificate, which incorporates TESL (Teaching English as Second Language) and TEFL (Teaching English as Foreign Language). It is acknowledged by international teaching centres throughout the world and is the most highly regarded TEFL qualification across the globe.
The course includes practical teaching with real foreign students in a classroom, observation of professional TEFL teachers and completion of a variety of relevant written assignments.
- It provides you with a strong basis in English teaching practice and gives you self-confidence in a classroom environment,
- It helps you learn TEFL techniques to improve your interaction with students;
- It gives you a qualification that can open up opportunities around the world
The syllabus consists of five units of learning that deal with specific topic areas in the teaching of ESL:
- Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
- Language analysis and awareness
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism
CELTA Course Entry Criteria
To be accepted for the CELTA course, applicants ideally should:
- Have a standard of education equivalent to that required for entry into university
- Be aged 18 or over
- Have a standard of English which will enable you to teach at a range of levels. If you are not a native speaker you should have a command of the language at a strong C1 level (CAE, IELTS band 7.5 or equivalent). Please note that your English level will be assessed through the application process.
Centres may still accept you at their discretion if you do not match the education entry requirement, but are able to demonstrate relevant life experience. If you are not sure if you are eligible, email us at: email@example.com and we will be happy to advise.
Apply for the CELTA through StudyCELTA and receive a discount on this online preparation course!
How is the CELTA Course Assessed?
There are three pass grades for the CELTA – Pass, Pass ‘B’ and Pass ‘A’.
The assessment of CELTA is continuous and integrated. There is no final exam.
The candidates are assessed primarily in the areas of:
- Teaching practice
- Written assignments
The CELTA course also takes into consideration various aspects of professionalism and professional development.
- Professional attitude to learning, feedback and teaching practice
- Attendance (100% attendance is to be expected)
- Punctuality and organisation
For those of you who want the convenience of training and getting CELTA-qualified from the comfort of your own home, the CELTA online is the course for you. The content and syllabus are completely the same as the face-to-face CELTA. The difference is that you will learn and conduct your teaching practice entirely online. You are able to take the CELTA online from anywhere in the world as long as you have a reliable internet connection and are available for the required course timings. This means for example that could be living in the USA and study in Europe, as long as you are available during the course hours. Your online CELTA will use either a combination of Cambridge’s Moodle learning portal and a video conferencing platform, such as Zoom, or it will be conducted entirely using a video conferencing platform. There will be a mix of self-learning at home and you will also need to present within a virtual classroom.
The full-time online course will usually take either four or five weeks, and so it is an intensive course and will require a full-time commitment to it. Be aware that your time available for external interests and commitments will be very limited, and it is strongly advised that you are not working in a job role at all during the period of the course. The course is typically a weekday, nine-to-five intensive course, with significant additional work outside of these hours.
Ideal for those who wish to space out their CELTA course, the part-time online course can vary from between seven weeks to around 24 weeks part-time study. This allows you to study at a more relaxed pace and to continue with some other commitments (e.g. work, family, friends). However, the part-time CELTA course will still require a significant level of commitment and dedication. You MUST be available for the teaching practice element. Some part-time courses use the Cambridge Moodle platform, with Teaching Practice sessions using live video conferencing, and additional work taking place in candidates’ own time using Moodle. Other part-time courses will conduct all sessions (including input, feedback and Teaching Practice sessions) live via video conferencing, to offer the ‘face-to-face’ CELTA experience online.
CELTA Course Content and CELTA Syllabus
You can find out more about the CELTA course content and syllabus via this page.
During the CELTA course, there is time devoted to provide you with useful information about how, where and when to look for teaching work after the course in Cambodia and all around the world. The CELTA qualification is the most prestigious and well-known of all the TEFL courses. It is recognised all over the world, not only in Cambodia. This means that with the CELTA qualification, numerous TEFL job opportunities are available worldwide.
When checking websites advertising English teaching jobs, you will often see CELTA listed as the preferred qualification.
Following the CELTA, teachers can continue to study for the DELTA in order to advance into school management positions. We encourage trainees to keep in touch with us after they have finished their course either so we can advise them on how to go on to do the DELTA course, or to give advice on finding work.
Also, as a StudyCELTA trainee, you will be able to sign up for free to our TEFL jobs website www.teflwork.com. TEFLwork is a platform only for qualified English teachers and will allow you to find work both at home and abroad with your newly gained CELTA certificate. It is the only jobs website specialised in job opportunities for CELTA and DELTA graduates.
How to Apply for the CELTA via Phnom Penh, Cambodia
If you believe you meet the requirements to do the CELTA course, please complete our online application form. After completing your application form and any necessary pre-interview tasks your application will be assessed and, if all is satisfactory, you will be invited to an interview with the CELTA Course Tutor. The CELTA interview can be conducted in person or via video conferencing.
Please note: Your place is not confirmed on a course until you have been accepted and have paid a non-refundable deposit.
Enrolment Process and Conditions
- Apply Online:
- Apply online with us. We will check and send your application to the relevant tutor and follow up.
- If your online application is accepted, you will be interviewed live online or face-to-face.
- After you have successfully completed the interview stage of the application process with the course tutor, you will be offered a place on the CELTA.
- Before paying your course fees, which you pay to the provider, please be sure to read the terms and conditions (including any cancellation or refund policies) that will be sent to you by the course provider. If you have not received these at this stage, please be sure to contact the centre to request them.
- Follow up from us:
- We will be checking all the way to make sure your application goes smoothly. Any doubts? Change of plans? Need to change location or course provider? Come back to us.
CELTA Course Reviews in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
"It’s demanding and taxing, yet rewarding"