About our Partner CELTA Centre in Adelaide
- Established in 1992
- Located in the heart of the city
- Near Victoria Square tram station
The Adelaide teacher training centre was established in Adelaide in 1992 to train English language teachers.
The centre now offers teacher training courses to native and non-native speakers of English and is an approved University of Cambridge teacher training centre offering teacher training programmes leading to a University of Cambridge qualification in teaching English, i.e. CELTA Certificate.
Facilities and location
- The spacious air conditioned classrooms and excellent facilities will enhance your learning experience
- The campus is situated in the cultural heart of the city, only a 5 minute walk to the mall, shops, restaurants, cafes, and public transport
- Nearby parklands and gardens are an attractive setting for college sport and picnics
- The Adelaide teacher training centre is located in a recently renovated heritage building that was built in the 1920’s. The campus features 16 spacious classrooms, a large computer centre, student common room and kitchen and a student self-access centre
- The centre in Adelaide is in the centre of town, a short walk away from the tram stop at Victoria Square and also close to Her Majesty’s Theatre
The CELTA Trainers in Adelaide
Permanent internal and external teacher training guarantees that the trainers at the Adelaide centre use the latest teacher training methods and resources.
All trainers meet the requirements of the National ELT Accreditation Scheme (NEAS) as well as the Cambridge ESOL teacher training requirements. All trainers have specialist English language teaching qualifications.
The trainers are motivated and caring professionals that were selected for their teaching skills and enthusiasm.
Professional development for the Adelaide teacher training centre trainers is coordinated by the Special Teacher Training Unit at the centre.