English Teacher Training San Francisco
Teacher Training in San Francisco, USA
The center in San Francisco occupies four floors of a historic building which has been refurbished into a modern business center with 37 classrooms. The building is located on famous downtown Market Street – home to some of the US’s highest rated shopping and dining - and just two blocks from popular Union Square and the gates of Chinatown.
• One of the USA's most cosmopolitan, vibrant and international cities
• Buzzing, friendly school with a warm friendly feel
• Excellent city center location, close to all its famous attractions
Facilities of the Teacher Training Center in San Francisco:
• Digital Language Laboratory
• 2 Student Cafés and Lounge
• Self-Access Center and 2 Computer Rooms
• Interactive Whiteboards
• Platinum Center and Lounge
During your course with us we aim to provide you with a high quality course which equips you with the skills needed to become a successful English language teacher.
Employment and Job Counselling
During the course, especially during the CELTA course, there is time devoted to provide you with useful information about how, where and when to look for teaching work after the course in the USA and all around the world.
There is a lot of scope for career advancement within this teacher training center and following the CELTA, teachers can continue and study for the DELTA in order to advance into school management positions.
We encourage trainees to keep in touch with us after they have finished their course, either so we can advise them on how to go on to do the DELTA course, or give advice on finding work. Please make an appointment with the Director of Studies if you would like to discuss job-hunting strategies and any other aspects of your new career.
Find a TEFL Job Post CELTA
As a StudyCELTA trainee, you will be able to sign up for free to our TEFL jobs website www.teflwork.com. TEFLwork is a platform only for qualified English teachers and will allow you to find work both at home and abroad with your newly gained CELTA certificate.
For non US residents or citizens, it it necessary to obtain an F-1 student visa. Once accepted onto your chosen course, you will be issued with an I-20 form, which is proof that you have been offered a place at a language school and have enough funds to support yourself during your stay. In order to get an I-20 form, you will need to:
- Pay the deposit for the course (once accepted)
- Submit a bank statement that shows that you (or your sponsor) have enough funds in the bank to pay for all your expenses while in the U.S.
After you have done this, to apply for the F-1 Visa you must:
- Wait to receive the I-20 form
- Pay the non-refundable SEVIS fee ($200) online
- Make an appointment at your local USA consulate or embassy, who will then contact you several days later to collect your Visa.
If you require accommodations in San Francisco, the teacher training center can arrange various types of accommodations for you. Please let us know in the application form if you require accommodations and which is your preferred accommodations option.
Please note: All accommodations are subject to availability and will be confirmed by the training center San Francisco once you have gone through the application process.
Full Time Courses - Accommodations Options 2019
This popular accommodation option is the ideal choice if you want to practise your English outside the classroom and learn about American culture and way of life first hand. Californians are known for their friendliness, hospitality and diversity - all of which is reflected by our hosts. Staying with a private host in San Francisco offers:
- Our lowest price accommodation option
- Carefully selected and monitored hosts
- Choice of half board or breakfast only
- Choice of single or shared rooms
- All bed linen and towels provided
- Superior homestay options
- All homestays are located approximately 30-45 minutes away from the school by public transport
For students who wish to have more independence, St Giles San Francisco has a range of hotels and residence clubs located in the heart of the city. A Residence Club is a type of economy/standard hotel designed for those staying a month or more. It is often a cheaper option than a hotel, and in some cases will provide microwaves in the room or meals in a dining room.
- All within 5-30 minutes of the school, on foot by or public transport
- Excellent shopping, restaurants, theatres, and other attractions nearby
- Choice of options for different budgets
- Single or shared rooms
- Choice of meal plans
San Francisco and Surroundings
With a population of 800,000, the city combines commercial buzz with a lively and alternative ‘beat’ culture, making this a relaxed yet vibrant and welcoming city. The medium-sized lively school, with a very international feel, is ideal for students looking for the Californian experience and a friendly welcome.
We offer an exciting and varied activity program giving you plenty of opportunity to explore San Francisco and California during your time with us. Some regular events include:
Student Activities in San Francisco
- Bay Cruise & Alcatraz Island
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Walk or Cycle the Golden Gate Bridge
- Museum Tours
- Movie Nights
- Ice Cream Party
- and more
Student Excursions in San Francisco
- Napa Valley and Sonoma Wine Regions
- Yosemite National Park
- Los Angeles and Hollywood / Disneyland
- Lake Tahoe
- and more