English Teacher Training San Diego
About the CELTA Teacher Training Center in San Diego
San Diego is the ideal place to take the CELTA course while having a fun and memorable experience. Our professional staff will ensure that you receive individual attention and support throughout your course.
- A study corner where trainees can work on their assignments and lesson planning
- Computers, printers and photocopying for your teaching practice lesson plans and lesson materials
- Material projection technologies
- A well stocked teacher's library with all the necessary language and methodology titles you will need for your background reading during the course
- A range of recently published course books used in the classroom, grammar books, and other supplementary materials for vocabulary, pronunciation, reading, listening, writing, speaking, etc.
The San Diego teacher training center is located in the Mission Valley area, just a few minutes' walk from bus and light rail connections to the city center, Old Town and the Gaslamp Quarter. It's also just a stone's throw from San Diego river and a huge shopping mall, as well as a variety of restaurants, cafes and bars. The center is situated minutes from two of the city's biggest attractions; Sea World and the San Diego Zoo, and just a half-hour drive from the Mexican border.
Our English Teacher Trainers in San Diego, California, USA
The CELTA tutors are highly experienced teachers who have also received CELTA trainer accreditation through the University of Cambridge. They have completed both the CELTA and Delta qualifications and have many years of both teaching and training experience.
Find a TEFL Job Post CELTA
As a StudyCELTA trainee, you will be able to sign up for free to our TEFL jobs website www.teflwork.com. TEFLwork is a platform only for qualified English teachers and will allow you to find work both at home and abroad with your newly gained CELTA certificate.
It is great news that the Teacher Training Center in San Diego has recently been SEVIS approved: it can now issue the I-20 form which means that students outside of the USA can now apply for a study Visa to allow them to take the CELTA course in San Diego!
For non US residents or citizens, it it necessary to obtain an F-1 student visa. Once accepted onto your chosen course, you will be issued with an I-20 form, which is proof that you have been offered a place at a language school and have enough funds to support yourself during your stay. In order to get an I-20 form, you will need to:
- Pay the deposit for the course (once accepted)
- Submit a bank statement that shows that you (or your sponsor) have enough funds in the bank to pay for all your expenses while in the U.S.
After you have done this, to apply for the F-1 Visa you must:
- Wait to receive the I-20 form
- Pay the non-refundable SEVIS fee ($200) online
- Make an appointment at your local USA consulate or embassy, who will then contact you several days later to collect your Visa.
The training center in San Diego can arrange accommodations to suit the needs of all our students and there are three categories of accommodations.
Safe, comfortable homes in pleasant neighborhoods. Our Housing Director is available 24 hours a day to answer students questions and discuss their concerns.
Homestay single room adult (Half Board): From USD $290/week
Homestay double room adult (No matching): From USD $255/week
Homestay Executive Single (Private Bathroom Half Board): From USD $325/week
- Full Board Homestay (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Dedicated study area
- Shared bathroom, laundry facilities, telephone, TV, internet etc.
- Warm, friendly atmosphere where students can practice English and experience Canadian culture
Student Residence – Vantaggio State St.
A residence centrally located in downtown ‘Little Italy’, a charming community with picturesque sidewalk cafes and numerous authentic Italian restaurants. The residence operates much like a college dormitory and offers a perfect setting for meeting foreign exchange students from all over the world.
In addition to full furnishings, all rooms contain a microwave, refrigerator, cable TV, a desk, a private bathroom. Each floor has two fully-equipped kitchens and complimentary internet access. Linen rentals and utilities are included.
Additionally, there is a computer lab, lounge area for student socializing, and on-site laundry facilities. The premises are just a matter of blocks from the Blue Line Trolley, which offers quick access to Seaport Village, the Downtown Gaslamp Quarter and Petco Park.
Transit to and from the school is approximately 30 minutes with one transfer or trolley.
Prices depending on room type and length of stay: from $400-415 per/week - Parking available for a fee.
Internet access: free of charge
San Diego, California and Surroundings
For before or after your CELTA course!
San Diego offers every kind of activity imaginable; from world-renowned attractions, unlimited outdoor recreation, a thriving arts and culture community, sightseeing tours and award-winning restaurants, you’re sure to find a host of things to entertain and inspire. With 70 miles of beautiful beaches, countless parks and gardens, San Diego is an excellent destination for some quality R&R after your intensive CELTA course!.
Blog articles about San Diego
San Diego, located in Southern California, is a coastal city that is THE perfect location to take the CELTA course. And to prove this, I've come up with a list of activities for before, during and after your intensive CELTA course. Read more...