English Teacher Training Miami
About the Center in Miami, Florida
The teacher training center in Miami have years of experience training teachers of English and have continued to innovate both in pre-service training and teacher development. Globally, the language teachers that are trained in with this team are acknowledged as being among the most able, creative and authoritative teachers within their profession. The teacher training programmes in Miami are a hallmark of excellence and outstanding professionalism.
The teacher training center in Miami have a special commitment to working with teachers whose first language is not English, creating career opportunities for teachers from different backgrounds and working to improve the quality of language teaching provision in the state system.
Location: The Teacher Training Centre is located in a very popular area of Miami Beach, surrounded of great restaurants, shops and bars. Only steps away from the world famous Lincoln Road Shopping Mall, a short walk to the beach through the core of Miami Beach's Art Deco district, furthermore only minutes to many of Miami Beach's most famous cultural sights.
All CELTA courses are certified by the University of Cambridge in England.
Our English Teacher Trainers in Miami, Florida
Our course instructors are CELTA and Delta graduates, as well as MA in TESOL graduates. Each instructor is a qualified CELTA tutor with more than 10 years of experience in teaching English as a second language and in teacher training.
Find a TEFL Job Post CELTA
As a StudyCELTA trainee, you will be able to sign up for free to our TEFL jobs website www.teflwork.com. TEFLwork is a platform only for qualified English teachers and will allow you to find work both at home and abroad with your newly gained CELTA certificate.
- Always advise us of your accommodation preference with your course application.
- Accommodation is subject to availability
- The number of Homestays and Student House rooms which can offer double occupancy are limited. These rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis. Students requesting double occupancy have to travel together, at the same time and reserve rooms and live together in the same room.
THE MIAMI STUDENT HOUSE IN SOUTH BEACH
South Beach is the southernmost tip of Miami Beach. This is the most popular area of the island and offers many attractions including the best part of the beach to its visitors. You will find most of the action in Miami Beach, it is also where most of the famous pictures of the island come from.
In this part of Miami, housing is varied and a huge range of short term accommodation options are available all year round.
All houses are located within 5 to 20 minutes walking distance from the school campus. Because of our proximity to the beach and the size of the island, this means all houses are also no more than about 10 minutes to absolutely everything you could imagine, from shops to night-clubs and, of course, the beach!
We offer two main styles of homes. Private Suites and Shared Apartments.
Private suites have a full kitchen bathroom and one or two single beds. These apartments can accommodate a maximum of two people. Students occupying our Private Suites in doubles must know each other, travel together and be taking the course at the same time.
For students looking for a more economical option, we also offer 2 or 3 bedroom apartments. These are larger apartments that offer multiple bedrooms that may be shared by multiple students. There is always one kitchen and and one bathroom and they are shared by everyone living in the same apartment (maximum of 4 people in any apartment).
Because the choices are so varied and we have to offer a large number of Student Homes, it is not possible for us to always guarantee that all homes will offer all the same amenities. Some homes will have cable TV and/or internet and some won't. Some apartments have a swimming pool and some don't. Because of the very high demand for apartments, we are not able to guarantee any of these extras. However, all apartments will have:
• Full kitchen with basic cooking and food preparation equipment
• One full bathroom with shower and/or bathtub
• Clean and comfortable bedding and all necessary sleeping material
• Air conditioning in all rooms
• Fridge, stove and a cook top
• Fully furnished for a comfortable and functional home
• Cleaned regularly and maintained by our staff
A new set of sheets, a pillow, and a blanket is provided for every student upon their arrival at the Student House. Students are then expected to wash and maintain their sheets and pillows. Extra sheets, pillows and blankets can be provided at an extra charge.
- A $250.00 security deposit is required by all students staying at the Student House on their first day of arrival at school. Your security deposit can only be accepted by credit card and is returned to you after a damage inspection is completed by any supervisor or schools staff member upon your departure from the Student House.
- The prices of the apartments vary from $255/week - $450/month depending on whether you are sharing or not. Please note that the number of Student House rooms which can offer double occupancy are limited. These rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis. Students requesting double occupancy have to travel together, at the same time and reserve rooms and live together in the same room.
Miami, Florida and Surroundings
Dexter's sinister activities aside, Miami is a bold, bright, thriving, multi-cultural city that attracts people and cruise liners from all around the world for very good reasons. Miami has been ranked as "America's Cleanest City", America's "Healthiest City" and as the richest city in the United States in terms of purchasing power. It's a major center and a leader in finance, commerce, culture, media, entertainment, the arts, and international trade.
Miami is nicknamed the "Capital of Latin America", as it is the second-largest U.S. city (after El Paso) with a Spanish-speaking majority.
Miami and its suburbs are located between the famous Florida Everglades to the west and Biscayne Bay to the east that also extends from Florida Bay north to Lakei Okeechobee. The main part of the city lies on the shores of Biscayne Bay which contains several hundred natural and artificially created barrier islands, the largest of which contains Miami Beach and South Beach. The Gulf Stream, runs northward just 15 miles (24 km) off the coast, allowing the city's climate to stay warm and mild all year.
We suggest that if you are a visitor to Miami, you should arrange to see the sights of Miami either before or after your CELTA course as you will not have time during the course to enjoy the tantalizing amount of things to see and do here.