Teacher Refresher Cambridge Erasmus Plus
English Level Needed
Primary Teachers and Infants B1. Secondary Teachers B2 +
Fees include breakfast and dinner (half board) + single en-suite accommodation at Homerton College.
Please enquire about group bookings for possible savings.
Course Content: Language and Methodology Refresher Course
This course is designed for teachers of infants (2-5, very young learners), primary (5 - 12, young learners) and secondary.
The main areas of the course include:
- Improvement of learner engagement
- Improvements of students' skills and abilities
- Understanding of how to improve teaching skills
- How to innovate in the classroom
- Develop language skills and cultural awareness
- To improve confidence in using English in the classroom
- To update your methodology, management and practical teaching skills
- To look at and improve the content of your own courses
- To get new skills and activities for use with your students
- To help you make use of new materials
- To understand better how you and others work in the classroom
- To discuss problems, ideas and language with other from around the world
There will be a focus on language improvement and practical methodology through workshops, seminars, lectures, demonstrations, and practice. You will be expected to discuss, experience, practice, observe, reflect, evaluate, feedback, listen, read….and develop and enjoy yourself.
- Teaching vocabulary
- Encouraging your students to speak
- Making grammar fun
- Helping your students to listen
- Using songs and games
- Teaching pronunciation
A main section of the course is dedicated to your improvement as a teacher with the English language.