CLIL London Erasmus Plus
CLIL London Erasmus Plus - Entry Requirements
You must have an upper-intermediate (B2) level of English to take this course.
The courses are for non-native English speakers who are primary or secondary school teachers.
Content and Language Integrated Learning
Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) is quickly becoming an important course to enhance English learning. The course is designed for teachers that teach their subjects or elements of the curriculum in English and want to expand the techniques, methods and materials that they have available.The course aims to prepare teachers in a practical way.
The two-week course is designed for primary school teachers, teacher trainers and inspectors that deliver parts of the curriculum in English.
The course exposes participants to a variety of activity types and resources. These include:
- Observing lessons where the CLIL methodology is being used
- Adapting and making use of resources for Primary CLIL
- Focusing on phonics
During the CLIL London Erasmus Plus course you will have practical sessions on preparing Primary CLIL micro lessons which you will then deliver to your trainer and peers in the second week so you can use the methodologies and new ideas you've learned straight away.
The two-week course is designed for secondary school/higher education teachers, teacher trainers and inspectors. It will be especially beneficial to teachers that deliver their subjects (Maths, Humanities, PE etc.) in English or who are planning to do so in future.
You will be exposed during the course to different teaching practices and methodologies. These include:
- Observing lessons which utilise the CLIL methodology
- Adapting and making use of resources for the teaching of subjects using CLIL
- How to specifically create lessons with a focus on language improvement
During the course you will have practical sessions on preparing CLIL micro lessons which you will then deliver to your trainer and peers in the second week so you can use the methodologies and new ideas you've learned immediately.
How to apply for Erasmus+ funding for the CLIL course
Your school will need to be registered to receive Erasmus+ funding for training and development purposes. If your school is not registered already you will need to contact your national Erasmus + agency who can answer your questions and provide you with an application form for the funding. For further information: European Commission’s website: http://ec.europa.eu/programmes/erasmus-plus/index_en.htm
You will then need to do the following:
- Speak with the designated Erasmus+ coordinator in your school about the course you wish to take
- Fill out the online application form and complete the required tasks for acceptance
- Apply for funding by completing the Erasmus+ application form attaching your acceptance letter and send this to your national agency
- Let us know as soon as you have been granted Erasmus+ funding for your course