CELTA Courses Seville
CELTA Course Dates & Fees Seville
Take the CELTA 100% Online via Seville, Spain
For a limited time only, Cambridge is allowing candidates to take the CELTA fully online. This is due to protecting the health and safety of schools, staff and trainees in the current pandemic.
This is only a temporary measure and is a unique opportunity to experience online teacher training as well as learning the core methodloliges and principles of teaching a face-to-face class.
The CELTA centre in Seville, Spain are now accepting applications to take the CELTA online.
Will the CELTA Online be a different course than the Face-to-Face CELTA?
No, the online CELTA will have the same content and syllabus at the face-to-face format. You will still be moderated and assessed by a qualified CELTA tutor and you will still need to complete the same amount of hours and work.
The main difference is that all elements will be moved online and you will be taking part in the course via a video conferencing platform. There will be a pre-course induction to the video conferencing tools, so you can be at ease with the technology.
Just with the face-to-face CELTA course, the online will be just as intense. Expect 30 hours of training per week, Monday to Friday, plus 20+ hours of your own time to execute lesson plans and writing assignments.
How will I be assessed on the CELTA Online?
As with all CELTAs, you will be assessed through your teaching practice where you will be teaching a live class to a group of English Language Learners. You will also be receiving feedback from your CELTA Tutor who will offer guidance to help you develop as a teacher. Your CELTA group will also get the chance to observe you and offer feedback (and vice versa).
You will also need to complete four written assignments which need to be completed by the end of the CELTA course. These written assignments will need to be done in your spare time.
Will it say online on my CELTA certificate?
No, your CELTA certificate will not disclose how you took the course and will have the same validity as taking a CELTA face-to-face.
What are the benefits of taking the CELTA Online?
The CELTA will equip you to teach a face-to-face English Language class as well as understanding the online teaching environment. With a the online CELTA, you will get:
- Hands on teaching practice
- Learn the key methodologies to teaching a successful English class
- Observe a qualified TEFL teacher
- Understand the tools and equipment that is needed for online teaching
- Added accessibility as there will be no visa headaches or added travel and accommodation cost
What jobs can I get after taking an online CELTA?
The CELTA is one of the most desired TEFL qualifications and is internationally recognised, so you will be more employable when you have obtained this certificate.
Of course, each language establishment is different and it is down to how well of a teacher you are, but most schools and colleges look for a CELTA certificate when hiring. It can also help you freelance, teach online webinars and volunteer teaching English to immigrants.
Practical English Usage
Michael Swan - Read an Interview with the Author
As I was preparing to take the TEFL course to teach abroad and inquiring about the different books that the school was suggesting, I was told simply by my son who is also a teacher and the statement was confirmed by both my instructors, "just buy Swan, it's the bible and it's all you need". Practical English Usage is just that. For whatever reason Michael Swan decided to write this book, we are forever grateful. - Margaret M. Frye 5/5
BUY THIS BOOK New or used from amazon.co.uk
Jim Scrivener - Read an Interview with the Author
"Learning Teaching" has been one of the most successful guides to English since it was first published in 1994. Its no-nonsense approach has made it a superb teaching textbook for initial training courses, and also an essential handbook for practising ELT teachers. The third edition has been extensively revised and restructured to take recent developments in ELT into account and now includes a DVD featuring a full lesson being taught as well as demonstrations of practical teaching techniques.
BUY THIS BOOK New or used from amazon.co.uk
A Concise Grammar for English Teachers
Tony Penston - Read an Interview with the Author
I used Tony Penston's book when I was learning how to teach English as a Foreign Language. I found it really useful then and I still carry it with me for all teaching assignments - and I regularly refer to it for some grammatical point or other. It's easy to find what you want and nice and concise! It gets straight to the point. Apparently he's even got a sense of humour too, rarely seen in a grammarian, and a relief to this user. This really good book is useful for all teaching levels. Great value too. I do not hesitate to recommend it to all English language teachers. - John Osman 5/5
BUY THIS BOOK New or used from amazon.co.uk
Seville - Voted Top City to Visit 2018 - Lonely Planet
Seville has been voted the top city to visit in the world in 2018 - see here for details: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/best-in-travel/cities
CELTA (originally CTEFLA) is the most widely recognised initial qualification for those wishing to start a career in ELT (English Language Teaching) and the minimum required qualification for most serious ELT schools. CELTA is designed for those with no previous ELT experience, or those with some limited experience who feel the need for formal training, new ideas and an approved certificate. It is intended for native English speakers, or non-natives of near-native proficiency.
CELTA is a highly practical course which provides initial training in English language teaching to Adults. Successful CELTA candidates will gain a thorough basic grounding in all areas of modern ELT. It aims at laying a firm foundation on which a teacher can build with experience. The course combines classroom methodology and grounding in language and learning issues with guided and assessed teaching practice. It presents a view of the principles underlying language teaching and deals extensively with the analysis of English from a learner's perspective.
CELTA courses in Seville are full-time 4-week intensive courses of approximately 120 hours, of a very 'hands on' nature, complying fully with the UCLES guidelines and syllabus. You will be teaching from day 2 of the course.
The CELTA demands a great deal of work, both during and after course hours, so you should not take on other work during this time.
CELTA Entry requirements
Cambridge regulations state that candidates must:
- be at least 18 years old by the end of the course
- have the potential to develop the necessary skills to become effective teachers
- have a competence in English, both written and spoken, that enables them to follow the course and complete all the assessed elements successfully.
There is no formal academic entry requirement for CELTA. However, the recommended minimum entry requirement is that candidates should have formal qualifications which would allow entry into higher education in their own country. Most candidates have a first degree. If you are unsure about your eligibility, you can take our CELTA entry eligibility test.
Take a look at our English level comparison tool to see if you qualify to apply.
CELTA Courses Seville Selection Procedure
Selection of candidates is based on the completion of the application form, pre-interview tasks and an interview. Interviews are conducted at the School in Seville, by telephone or via Skype.
Acceptance on the course is by no means automatic: a rigorous selection process is undertaken in the interest of candidates in order to ensure their suitability and a high degree of success on the course.
Acceptance is at the discretion of the centre.
As demand is always high you should submit your application at least 3-4 months prior to the course you wish to take.
Find a TEFL Job Post CELTA
As a StudyCELTA trainee, you will be able to sign up for free to our TEFL jobs website www.teflwork.com. TEFLwork is a platform only for qualified English teachers and will allow you to find work both at home and abroad with your newly gained CELTA certificate.
The CELTA Course Seville Programme
The CELTA programme has been designed in accordance to UCLES' Syllabus and Assessment Guidelines. The aim of this initial scheme is to:
1. Develop practical awareness of:
- cultural and individual needs
- approaches to learning difficulties, learner styles
- the motivation of adult learners
- linguistic form, function and meaning, including a knowledge of grammar and its terminology
- appreciation of structure and function
- an understanding of the principles of selection and grading
- an introduction to how subject matter and context affects language
- the importance of phonology
- course books and teachers' books and supplementary materials and provision of special interest
- adapting authentic and non-authentic materials
- teacher-made materials
- reference works for both teachers and learners
2. To develop practical ability in:
- Classroom management and lesson planning
- the ability to arrange the physical environment appropriately for different learning situations and to
- establish an appropriate atmosphere for learning
- giving appropriate instructions for group tasks
- monitoring the progress of groups and individuals
- the ability to plan both individual lessons and a series of lessons appropriate to student needs,
- with a range of approaches and lesson types
Introduction and practice of new language
- the ability to select language and language areas appropriate to students' needs and level
- to introduce language clearly and efficiently to students
- to check learning and understanding at all stages of this process using appropriate techniques
- the ability to deal sensitively and effectively with student errors and gaps
- to devise and operate appropriate activities for written and oral practice in order to develop the
- accuracy, fluency and complexity of learner language
- to encourage and guide students towards noticing language in naturally occurring texts
Developing the skills of Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing
- the ability to develop the four skills using techniques which foster not only their individual
- development but also their integration
- to select appropriate materials and to have the ability to use a wide range of techniques to this end
- to use and adapt authentic and non-authentic materials appropriately.
CELTA Courses Seville - Assessment
Assessment of the Cambridge CELTA course is continuous. Progress in practical teaching ability is of the greatest importance, but all aspects of performance and work done on the course are taken into consideration for the final grading, including the candidate's written work, professionalism, and suitability as a future member of staff in an ELT context.
- Candidates are constantly informed of their progress during the course by written commentary and oral feedback on their teaching practice and written assignments, and by tutorial. This may be formulated in terms of passing and failing.
- Candidates who successfully complete the CELTA course will receive the Cambridge Certificate. The grades possible are Pass A, Pass B, Pass, or "No Certificate Awarded". In addition, the Teacher Training Centre issues a graded certificate-report. This report describes the candidate's performance in some detail and serves as a vital document to prospective employers.
- The teacher training centre in Seville cannot enter into either discussion or correspondence concerning results or assessments. Should a candidate wish to lodge any form of complaint, the appropriate channels for doing so will be indicated to them.
How to Apply for the CELTA in Seville, Spain
If you believe you meet the requirements to do the CELTA course, fill in our online application. After completing your application and any necessary pre-interview tasks you will be invited to an interview which can be conducted in person, by telephone or via Skype.
Please note: Your place is not confirmed on a course until you have been accepted and have paid a non-refundable deposit.
Unsure if you are Eligible to Apply for CELTA?
If you are unsure if you meet the requirements to apply for a CELTA course then you can take our CELTA Eligibility Test.
Once a vacancy on the CELTA course has been offered to you, you will have one week to pay your deposit of €450 and secure the vacancy.
This deposit is non-refundable, but can be transferred to another course, provided that a minimum of 4 weeks’ notice is given.
The balance of the course fees is due 4 weeks prior to the starting date of the course. In the case of illness whilst attending the course or in the 4 weeks immediately preceding it, it is entirely at the discretion of the school as to whether the student can be deferred and offered a place on a future course.
In no circumstances will money be refunded. Refunds of the course fee less the deposit may be considered in exceptional circumstances when the cancelation is made over 4 weeks prior to the start of the course.
Accommodation must be paid in full 4 weeks before the commencement of the course, and will not be refunded or part-refunded in the case of withdrawal from the course, or if any cancellation is made less than 4 weeks’ before the course begins.
How to pay
Payments are made directly in euros to the training centre by Credit Card of Bank Transfer.