CELTA Courses Krasnodar
- University of Cambridge accredited
- Online and face-to-face courses
- Assistance with job opportunities for CELTA graduates
CELTA Course Dates & Fees Krasnodar
Take the CELTA Online via Krasnodar
Take the CELTA Online via Krasnodar. Due to the current pandemic, Cambridge Assessment will be temporarily allowing candidates to take the CELTA 100% Online from the comfort and safety of their home. Applications to take CELTA online via Krasnodar are now open for 2021!
How will the CELTA Online be offered via Krasnodar?
The CELTA Online will be offered via a video conferencing platforms (such as Zoom and Moodle). The student will access to texts and documents to support their learning these platforms will make it easy to submit their work. Not familiar with these platforms? - Our tutors will guide you if you have any questions during the course.
As this is a 100% online course, teaching practice will also be undertaken online.
The same way as the face-to-face classes, the student will be required to submit 4 written assignments throughout the course and they will graded by participating in a minimum of six hours assessed teaching practice.
Will the CELTA Online say "online" on the certificate?
No, your CELTA certificate will be exactly the same as it would if you took the CELTA in the classroom. In fact, the certificate will not disclose the format of how you took the course.
What are the benefits of taking the CELTA Online?
By taking the CELTA Online, you will:
- Grow your confidence as an EFL teacher
- Learn the principles and methodologies of delivering a TEFL class
- Teach real students and gain teaching experience
- Understand the online teaching environment
- Gain an internationally recognised teaching certificate
Practical English Usage
Michael Swan - Read an Interview with the Author
As I was preparing to take the TEFL course to teach abroad and inquiring about the different books that the school was suggesting, I was told simply by my son who is also a teacher and the statement was confirmed by both my instructors, "just buy Swan, it's the bible and it's all you need". Practical English Usage is just that. For whatever reason Michael Swan decided to write this book, we are forever grateful. - Margaret M. Frye 5/5
BUY THIS BOOK New or used from amazon.com
Jim Scrivener - Read an Interview with the Author
"Learning Teaching" has been one of the most successful guides to English since it was first published in 1994. Its no-nonsense approach has made it a superb teaching textbook for initial training courses, and also an essential handbook for practising ELT teachers. The third edition has been extensively revised and restructured to take recent developments in ELT into account and now includes a DVD featuring a full lesson being taught as well as demonstrations of practical teaching techniques.
BUY THIS BOOK New or used from amazon.com
A Concise Grammar for English Teachers
Tony Penston - Read an Interview with the Author
I used Tony Penston's book when I was learning how to teach English as a Foreign Language. I found it really useful then and I still carry it with me for all teaching assignments - and I regularly refer to it for some grammatical point or other. It's easy to find what you want and nice and concise! It gets straight to the point. Apparently he's even got a sense of humour too, rarely seen in a grammarian, and a relief to this user. This really good book is useful for all teaching levels. Great value too. I do not hesitate to recommend it to all English language teachers. - John Osman 5/5
BUY THIS BOOK New or used from amazon.com
CELTA Courses Krasnodar: An Introduction
CELTA is an initial qualification for candidates with little or no previous teaching experience. It opens up a whole world of opportunities for you in the teaching the TEFL industry. The main reason is that this qualification is awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment, which is part of the famous University of Cambridge.
CELTA is "the" TEFL qualification because:
- Moderated by the University of Cambridge on regular basis.
- Employees knows exactly what to expect from CELTA candidate.
- Tutors are highly qualified, experienced trainers in well-established teacher education centres
- It is recognised as a Level 5 Qualification by the British Curriculum Authority.
CELTA Krasnodar: Course Content
During the CELTA course, you will learn how to teach English to adults by gaining the following skills:
- Language analysis and awareness of form, meaning, pronunciation
- Developing teaching skills in the classroom
- Techniques for presenting and practising new language
- Techniques for the development of speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Using teaching aids
Assessment is made through teaching practice sections and written assignments completed throughout the course.
CELTA Entry Requirements:
Below are what is required to be able to qualify for the course:
- Being 18 years of age
- English CEFR level C1 or C2 / IELTS 7.5 / Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE)
- Having a good standard of education (2 ‘A’ levels or a good high school leaving certificate – consider that some employers may require a degree)
The applications are screened by our team of advisors : you will be asked to complete a written task which focuses on language awareness and other issues relating to teaching English. If the task shows that you have the appropriate level of English and the potential to develop your skills to pass the course, you will be shortlisted and invited for an interview. Successful candidates will be notified shortly afterwards.
Do you have to know a lot about grammar?
Knowing grammar is definitely beneficial for being an English teacher, but it is not necessary to know everything about grammar to take the CELTA. Key concepts like subject, verb, and verb tense are good to know.
- Pre course material will be sent to you on being accepted to start orientating you toward what you need to know
- You will go over some key grammatical concepts during the course and also be exposed to resources for future teaching.
However, if you are concerned about your grammar, please see one of our grammar refresher courses!
Resources: Do I need a computer?
If you are taking an online CELTA course, a computer / laptop and strong Wifi connection is a definite. In the classroom, many people prefer using a computer to handwriting assignments and lesson plans. You will do a lot of writing on the course so if you want to use a computer and you have your own laptop, then by all means bring it with you and use our wireless network. Internet, computers and printers are available in the CELTA resource room. These facilities are available for all candidates to use during course hours.
Can I do the course if English is not my first language?
Yes, your English needs to be of a near-native level. This means that you need to have a command of English that allows you to complete all written assignments and teaching practice requirements to the University of Cambridge standards.
Take our CELTA eligibility test to see if you qualify to apply for the course.
CELTA Courses Krasnodar : The CELTA Certificate
The CELTA certificate is awarded to candidates who satisfy all assessment criteria and complete all course requirements.
- Attendance of 100% of the course
- Completion of all teaching practice and observations of experienced teachers
- Completion of all four assignments (three or more assessed as ‘Pass’)
- The grades of the certificate are Pass, Pass B (above standard teaching) or Pass A (exceptional language awareness, teaching and professionalism).
- Candidates who successfully complete the course, receive both the Cambridge CELTA certificate and a report/letter from the trainers at the Centre in Russia. The letter describes the candidate’s performance in some detail and serves as a useful reference for employment
Why do people fail the CELTA course?
CELTA is not hard in the sense that the material is difficult to understand. The course is often considered difficult because it is very intensive and there are many deadlines to meet in the space of a month (or 16 weeks in its extensive form). The first, and perhaps main reason that people fail, is stress. Not getting enough sleep, poor health (not eating properly, drinking too much), and other commitments outside the course (family, love life, work, social life). When taken intensively, it is a full-time commitment for 4 weeks. Evenings and weekends are devoted to completing assignments and preparing lessons for teaching practice.
Secondly, poor time management skills (if you’re up till 4am every day you’ll end up a wreck by the halfway stage of the course). Time management skills are very important to success on this course. Furthermore, assessment is continuous. Each day there is a 2-hour teaching practice with real students drawn from the community. During that time, you have to put into practice what you have learned.
A third reason, for candidates who already have teaching experience, is having what the CELTA syllabus considers to be “bad teaching habits” that candidates find difficult to change. During the course, your tutor will identify these habits and help you work on them.
Moreover, as the 100% online CELTA course was implemented in 2020, it also has risen a few other points that candidates need to be aware. You can find tips and advise how to tackle them here.
Find a TEFL Job Post CELTA
As a StudyCELTA trainee, you will be able to sign up for free to our TEFL jobs website www.teflwork.com. TEFLwork is a platform only for qualified English teachers and will allow you to find work both at home and abroad with your newly gained CELTA certificate.
Selection Criteria, Assessment and Grades
- The CELTA is a Pass/Fail course, and if the candidate receives a 'Fail' grade or withdraws, the result cannot be changed, and that the course fee will not be refunded.
- The CELTA centre in requires 100% class attendance, in addition to work outside of scheduled contact hours. As a result, absences, tardiness, incomplete or late assignments may compromise grades on the course. If a participant is forced to miss part of the course because of ill health, a doctor's certificate will be required. Extra work will need to be submitted to the tutor to ensure the criteria are met.
- Information disclosed in the application must be complete and accurate, including any circumstances that may affect performance on the course.
- All cancellations must be received in writing.
How do I Apply for the CELTA in Krasnodar?
If you believe you meet the requirements to do the CELTA course, fill in our online application. After completing your application and any necessary pre-interview tasks you will be invited to an interview which can be conducted in person, by telephone or via Skype.
Please note: Your place is not confirmed on a course until you have been accepted and have paid a non-refundable deposit.