Delta Modules Lisbon
Delta - Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults
The Delta Modules are intended to offer candidates who have substantial experience of teaching English to adult speakers of other languages the opportunity to:
• acquire new insights into this area and a deeper understanding of the principles and practice of ELT to adults
• examine their current practices and beliefs
• apply the results of their learning and reflection to their current professional lives and to circumstances beyond their present and previous teaching experience
This module takes the form of an exam, with 2 ninety-minute papers. It can be taken at the beginning of June or December. You don?t have to take a course to prepare, but it is recommended.
- Focus on background to teaching and learning ESOL in a range of contexts.
- Theoretical perspectives of language acquisition and language teaching.
- Different approaches and methodologies including current developments.
- Language systems and learners? linguistic problems.
- Language skills and learners? problems.
- Knowledge of resources, materials and reference sources for language learning.
- Key concepts and terminology related to assessment.
This takes the form of an extended written assignment investigating a specialism within English language teaching and planning a course for a specific student or group of students.
- Focus on broadening the candidate’s knowledge of a chosen specialism and developing their understanding of syllabus design, testing and assessment.
- Research into specialist areas.
- Syllabus design: principles, influences on, methodological effects of, and major syllabus types as applied to the specific learning context.
- Designing syllabus and teaching programmes to meet the needs of learners in the specific context of their selected specialism.
- Course design and development in the specific context of their selected specialism.
- The principles and practice of testing and assessment and application to the candidate?s specialist area.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness and quality of courses and programmes of study.
Find a TEFL Job Post Delta
As a StudyCELTA trainee, you will be able to sign up for free to our TEFL jobs website www.teflwork.com. TEFLwork is a platform only for qualified English teachers and will allow you to find work both at home and abroad with your newly gained Delta diploma.
Conditions of Enrollment
- In the case of cancellation six weeks or more before the course starting date, 90% of the course fee will be refunded. With less than six weeks' notice, 50% of the total course fee will be refunded. If cancellation occurs in the final ten working days before the starting date, no refund will be given.
- However, in certain exceptional circumstances we will consider transferring the fees to another course but a 20% cancellation fee will be charged.
- There is no refund on accommodation fees as in most cases we have to sublet accommodation on your behalf.
- The Lisbon training centre reserve the right to cancel a course if fewer than 4 people are enrolled.
- In the unlikely event of a course being cancelled the course and accommodation fees will be refunded.