Delta Modules Muscat
About the Delta
Cambridge Delta Course Recognition and Career Directions
The Cambridge Delta is an internationally recognised qualification for experienced teachers of English wanting to open up career avenues to more senior ELT posts for which the Delta is invariably required.
The Delta Scheme lays great emphasis on the integration of practical classroom approaches with a thorough understanding of language systems and learning theories. The scheme provides unique opportunities for effective, practical classroom training combined with professional education in the underlying theories and principles of language and language learning.
About the Delta Modules and Formats in Muscat
Module 2 is a more intensive module, based around teaching practice, observation, classwork and assignments. This course is offered full-time by the centre in Muscat.
Teachers who complete the Delta can transfer credit to postgraduate courses at a range of Universities.
The employment areas that are open to you after completing a Delta are:
- Director of Studies
- CELTA and Delta teacher trainer
- Head of Department
More importantly, you receive comprehensive professional development in your core skill teaching English as a Second Language. The Delta course will challenge you and broaden your horizons through exposing you to current thinking in TESOL.
These books are often on the recommended reading list to help with Delta applications, during the course and as a core reference library for English language teachers.
- How Languages are Learned, Patsy Lightbown
- About Language - Tasks for Teachers of English, Scott Thornbury
- Approaches and Methods in Language Teaching, Jack C. Richards
- How to Teach Grammar, Thomas J Livesey
- How to Teach Vocabulary, Scott Thornbury
- How to Teach Grammar, Scott Thornbury
- Beyond the Sentence: Introducing Discourse Analysis (Methodology), Scott G. Thornbury
Minimum Entry Requirements
The Delta Course is intended for experienced teachers wishing to extend their professional experience and accept new responsibilities, as it not only demonstrates a commitment to the profession, but is also proof of ability. It is open to people from all language backgrounds. All participants must have native speaker proficiency, both written and spoken, that enables them to follow the course and complete all assessed and non-assessed elements successfully.
Ideally applicants should:
- have at least two years' full time (1,200 hours) experience of teaching English to adults within the past five years.
- have a range of teaching experience in different contexts and at different levels.
- be a graduate and have an initial teaching qualification.
- have a standard of English which will enable you to teach at a range of levels.
We may still accept applicants if they do not strictly meet all of these requirements but can demonstrate that they would be likely to complete the course successfully. If you're unsure about your eligibility, get in contact with one of our Delta experts, who will assess your profile and let you know if you can apply.
Delta Muscat Modular Format
The Delta course is comprised of three modules, which are assessed individually. Module 2 is the only Module available in Muscat, however you may wish to take Modules 1 & 3 with us online. See more here.
Information about Delta Modules:
- Module One: Understanding language, methodology and resources for teaching.
- Module Two: Developing Professional Practice (This module involves five hours of assessed teaching practice)
- Module Three: Focusing on a specialist option.
Module 2 Assessment:
- Module Two is assessed through five assignments including observation of teaching to be completed during the 6 week Delta course.
Find a TEFL Job Post Delta
As a StudyCELTA trainee, you will be able to sign up for free to our TEFL jobs website www.teflwork.com. TEFLwork is a platform only for qualified English teachers and will allow you to find work both at home and abroad with your newly gained Delta diploma.
How to Apply – Delta Muscat, Oman
- If you believe you meet the requirements to do the Delta Course, contact us for an application package
- Applicants who have satisfactorily completed the pre-interview task will be invited to attend an interview shortly after this date at the School or via Skype if the candidate is not based locally.
- IMPORTANT: Please note that acceptance on a course does not mean a place has been reserved for you. To ensure a place the full fee must be paid no later than two weeks before the start of the course. Fees are not transferable or refundable.