English Teacher Training New Delhi
About the Centre in New Delhi, India
- Free Wi-Fi throughout centre
- Computers for CELTA course
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Student lounge
- TEFL work advice from tutors
- Reading and teaching materials
- Photocopying and printing facilities
The CELTA teacher training centre in New Delhi is conveniently located near many restaurants, shops, markets and parks. There are plenty of places to sit down to eat and bustling areas to explore during breaks.
Find a TEFL Job Post CELTA
As a StudyCELTA trainee, you will be able to sign up for free to our TEFL jobs website www.teflwork.com. TEFLwork is a platform only for qualified English teachers and will allow you to find work both at home and abroad with your newly gained CELTA certificate.
Accommodation in New Delhi, India
Accommodation arrangements can be made upon application to the CELTA in New Delhi, India. The centre's Accommodation Department provides a range of accommodation options to suit a student's budget and needs.
Students can choose to stay in a Homestay and learn English by living with an Indian family. Most Homestay accommodations are located between 5 and 45 minutes away from the teacher training centre on public transport, or by auto rickshaw. All host families are regularly visited to guarantee satisfactory standards.
The New Delhi CELTA training centre can also connect you with student apartments, which are geared for students who want to live more independently. Student apartments are all located within 10 minutes walking distance to the school. Facilities include:
- Apartment bedrooms have single, shared or dorm style bunk beds
- Shared bathrooms and kitchen with all cooking utensils and pots/pans
- Full kitchen with all cooking utensils and pots/pans
- Each apartment is equipped with a washing machine for laundry
- Large living room with dining table, sofas, chairs and coffee tables
- Apartments are equipped with TV and DVD players. You can also have access to the schools DVD collection for personal viewing
- Balcony at the front of the apartment
- Convenient 10 minute walk from the school
- Drinking water, maid service and optional laundry service
New Delhi and Surroundings
New Delhi is the bustling and vibrant capital of India and has a modern feel, with its colonial buildings and surprising love for high tea. New Delhi is a melting pot of cultures and religions, with so many dazzling sights and the smell of spices. The district has countless spiritual buildings scattered across the area and there are also dozens of museums and monuments, so you can get your history fix. Why not try some local Indian street food or soak up the buzzing atmosphere in one of the many restaurants. For an authentic experience, you could take a thrilling tuk-tuk ride to Old Delhi, traversing some of the most chaotic roads you’ve ever seen! The stunning Taj Mahal just four hours away, or Varanasi a little further to the east.
For more information about visiting bright and atmospheric New Delhi, see the Lonely Planet Guide.