English Teacher Training Sydney
About the Sydney Centres
Sydney CBD, Australia
The English teacher training centre in Sydney is one of the country's most highly regarded institutions. The high calibre of our trainers, services, facilities and resources is assured through independent TESOL accreditation and auditing by the University of Cambridge, NEAS, ASQA and J-Shine (Japan).
The centre is located right near Town Hall train station and the elaborate Queen Victoria Building, just moments from Sydney's most famous landmarks.
The school is located in a modern facility with free WiFi throughout and is well-equipped with modern audio-visual equipment. There are photocopiers and printing facilities available for CELTA trainees, a reference library and a noticeboard with all the latest job vacancies.
Sydney CBD teacher training centre facilities:
- Large and light filled classrooms, over 3 levels
- 2 student common areas, with table and chairs
- 2 student kitchen areas with refrigerators and microwaves
- Free WiFi throughout
- Computers, printing and photocopying facilities
- Excellent location in the heart of Sydney
Sydney (Bondi), Australia
Facilities at our Sydney Bondi Beach location include:
- Spacious classrooms
- Student common area, with tables and chairs
- Student kitchen area, microwaves & refrigerators
- Free WiFi throughout the building
- Computers and printing facilities
- Great location - by the beach!
- Self study rooms
Sydney (Manly), Australia
The Manly Beach CELTA centre has the following facilities:
- Fully-equipped computer suite
- Free WiFi access inside and outside of the building
- Student support desk
- Two big balconies with stunning views of Manly Beach
- Student lounge with large TV and Netflix
- Student kitchen with free tea and coffee making facilities
- A lovely, sunny courtyard with cafe style furniture - for your breaks!
- Self-access library with extensive reading, writing, listening and speaking resources for all levels
Find a TEFL Job Post CELTA
As a StudyCELTA trainee, you will be able to sign up for free to our TEFL jobs website www.teflwork.com. TEFLwork is a platform only for qualified English teachers and will allow you to find work both at home and abroad with your newly gained CELTA certificate.
Accommodation in Sydney
Sydney CBD Accommodation 2019
Accommodation Placement Fee for all options: $290. Airport Pick Up Service: $170. Payment is due at least 2 weeks prior to student arrival
Take the opportunity to live the ‘Aussie way’. Stay with an Australian host family, meet their friends, enjoy home cooked meals and social outings. All of our homestay families are regularly inspected and live about 40 minutes travelling time to school. Our Registrar, will endeavour to meet your dietary and other special requests.
Single room includes:
- Daily breakfast and dinner, plus lunch on weekends
VIP Homestay includes:
- Private bathroom & choice of: Internet/free local calls/laundry
- Booking fee
- VIP homestay booking fee
- Airport pick up one way
Standard Single: $325/week
Twin Share (students arriving together): $280/week
Extra night/ Standard Single: $60/night
The teacher training centre has number of student residence options close to the school.
Main features: High end, fully furnished houses and apartments with planned kitchen, timber floors and built in wardrobes. Laundry facilities (coin operated machines). Free high speed WiFi. Bed linen provided. Utility expenses included.
Standard Single: $395/week
Twin Share or Double Room: $245/week
Security deposit (bond): $350 to be paid on the day of arrival.
Accommodation 4 Students:
- Accommodation 4 Students offers residential accommodation in houses located in Artarmon, Rockdale, Kogarah, Lane Cove and Ashfield. Students are assigned to a house depending on availability and are notified 2 weeks before arrival with the details of their placement.
- The student lodges are located in suburbs near Sydney Centre
- Travel distance is approximately 30 minutes by public transport
- The apartments are fully equipped with bed linen for the students, kitchen, laundry, television, living room, phone and PC with internet access
- Food and meals are not included
Sydney City / Twin Share: $270/week
Suburbs / Standard Single: $270/week
Suburbs / Twin Share: $215/week
- 4 levels
- Outdoor terrace
- Polished timber floors
- Modern kitchen and bathroom
- Large common area
- Laundry facilities (coin operated machines)
- Free WiFi
- Bed linen provided
- Utility expenses included.
Standard Single: $350/week
Twin Share: $300/week
Security deposit (bond): $300 to be paid on the day of arrival.
How to Book Accommodation
Upon application, check the box in the form asking for accommodation assistance. Your choice of accommodation will be arranged during application.
Sydney and Surroundings
Sydney is Australia's biggest city, with a population of over four million people. It's located on the shores of the harbour and several spectacular beaches, such as the famous Bondi, Coogee, Tamarama and Bronte. The centre of the city is a buzzing metropolis, filled with modern bars, international cuisine and entertainment. The world-famous Kings Cross district is a huge hit for party-goers, and the city is home to two national league football teams, two Australian Rules football teams, and several rugby league and union sides.
Just south of the city sits the draw-dropping Royal National Park, acres of untouched bushland and harsh, white cliffs dropping off into the gleaming Tasman Sea. The city is also home to several rivers and nature reserves, and boasts a huge international airport with flights to anywhere in the country and the world.
The best thing about the TESOL training centre is that it's located in the dead centre of the city, right next to Hyde Park, with connections to all of Sydney's suburbs. It's around the corner from bustling Pit Street Mall, up the road from the famous Queen Victoria Building, and a short walk from the ferry terminal at Circular Quay.
Blog articles about Australia
You’d be forgiven for thinking that the booming English teaching destinations are being forged in Asia and the Middle East, from Singapore and Taiwan, to Dubai and Saudi Arabia. Formerly developing countries now with burgeoning middle classes, and a growing demand for fluency in the lingua franca. So, it may come as a surprise to learn that Australia – a far-away country with English as its dominant language – is rising in the stakes as a teaching travel destination. Read more...