Taking the CELTA course was one of the best experiences of my life! I highly recommend it to everyone, with or without previous teaching experience, to apply for it (however, having previous teaching experience really helps to reduce excessive stress during the course and makes the whole course more tangible).
Not only did we learn many new useful techniques, but we also had the best moments of our lives.
Bahar and Jenny were spectacular. My classmates were a perfect fit. I made many new friends and it felt like we already knew each other.
The course is intensive and stressful but that does not mean it is something impossible to do. Because the timetables and all tasks are rational, nothing extraordinary. It needs 4 weeks of hard work.
The location is great and accessible. The building has a good canteen on the top floor and there are many cafes and restaurants nearby.
Overall, it was worth it.
Course LocationIstanbul (Besiktas), Turkey
Istanbul (Besiktas), Turkey
- Located in central Istanbul in the Besiktas area on the European side of the city
- Fully resourced training library and facilities
- Internationally experienced team
- Area where trainees can work on their assignments and lesson planning
- Computers, printers, photocopying
- An on campus restaurant
- A well stocked CELTA library with all the necessary language and methodology titles you will need for your background reading during the course with a range of recently published course books used in the classroom, grammar books, and other supplementary materials for vocabulary, pronunciation, reading, listening, writing, speaking, etc.