Visa Information USA

Visa Information USA - Taking a TEFL course in the USA

Visa Information USA

Visa Information USA:

For non US residents or citizens, it it necessary to obtain an F-1 student visa. Once accepted onto your chosen course, you will be issued with an I-20 form, which is proof that you have been offered a place at a language school and have enough funds to support yourself during your stay. In order to get an I-20 form, you will need to:

  • Pay the deposit for the course (once accepted)
  • Submit a bank statement that shows that you (or your sponsor) have enough funds in the bank to pay for all your expenses while in the U.S.

After you have done this, to apply for the F-1 Visa you must:

  • Wait to receive the I-20 form
  • Pay the non-refundable SEVIS fee ($200) online
  • Make an appointment at your local USA consulate or embassy, who will then contact you several days later to collect your Visa.

If you are not sure if you are eligible for a CELTA course, please take our online eligibility test.

IALC Quality English IATEFL

Scroll to Top
contact us