What does the CELTA teach?
The CELTA teaches:
- An awareness of language and a knowledge of the description of English, and how to apply these in professional practice
- An initial understanding of the contexts within which people learn English, their motivations and the roles of the teacher and the learner
- Familiarity with the principles and practice of effective teaching to learners of English
- Basic skills for teaching students in the language classroom
- Familiarity with appropriate resources and materials for use with learners of English for teaching, testing and referencing
- Opportunities for your own future development in the field (for example, job searches, professional development etc.)
Not the answer you were looking for? Contact us here.