The Training Centre
The Australian Teacher Training Centre has been conducting training courses in teaching English as a Foreign Language since 1982. In 1983, the centre became the first in Australia to offer courses leading to University of Cambridge Certificates and Diplomas in this field.
The center now trains over 200 English language teachers each year on a range of programs and has mounted special courses for educational organisations and institutions and for other Cambridge centers in the Asian region, as well as universities within Australia.
The tutors who lead the courses are highly experienced in a range of teaching and teacher training contexts, both in Australia and overseas. The training team includes the Chief Assessor for Australia for the Cambridge Certificate and Diploma. All tutors hold qualifications in the fields of Applied Linguistics or English Language Teaching.
- The City campus is one of the fastest growing - and best located training centers anywhere in Australia (in the center of downtown Sydney).
- Located right above Wynyard station with easy access to train and bus services and only a few minutes walk from the Opera House, The Rocks and Circular Quay.
- One of Australia's most modern training facilities
Employment with CELTA, Delta or Cert IV in TESOL
There are many job opportunities in Australia and overseas for CELTA and Delta and Cert IV in TESOL participants. The courses include a job workshop which gives practical advice on how to go about finding employment all around the world, and there is open access to the training center job notice-board with details of many positions offered in a range of countries.
The Training Center is part of a large English language College with campuses in Sydney, Perth, Cairns and Brisbane and teachers who successfully complete the courses and have the right to work in Australia often find employment within the organization or within other recognized and accredited Australian colleges that recruit directly from these courses.
CELTA, DELTA, and Cert IV in TESOL Enrolment Procedure
- If you believe you cover the minimum requirements to be considered as a candidate for the CELTA, Cert IV in TESOL or Delta course, contact us and ask for the application package that includes the enrolment form and the pre-interview task.
- Prospective trainees must complete the pre-Interview task, fill in the enrolment form and return them as attachments via email to the Programmes Coordinator at least 6 - 8 weeks prior the course starting date.
- Within 5 to 10 days after receiving your application, pre-interview task and CV, someone from the Teaching Department will contact you in order to arrange a day and a time to have an interview.
- During the interview, which can take up to 2 hours, the interviewer will assess your awareness of language structure and function as well as general sensitivity to adult language learning issues. Enrolment on the course is subject to successful completion of the interview. For those living outside the Sydney area, this will be conducted on the telephone or via Skype. For non-native speakers, you may be required to complete a language test (Cert IV in TESOL requires minimum IELTS 5.5 or equivalent).
- After your interview they will decide if they offer you a vacancy on the course or not; is successful, you will have one week from the offer of place to pay a deposit in order to secure your vacancy on the course.
- 6 weeks prior the course commencement, the balance will need to be paid.
Payments (deposit & balance) can be made directly to the School via Bank Transfer, Bank Cheque, Cash, VISA or MASTERCARD. Personal cheques will not be accepted.
Accommodation can be arranged by the Teacher Training Center for trainees from outside Sydney, however, options are limited and will be offered based on availability. The cheapest option is homestay, the fees for which include breakfast and dinner from Mon. - Fri., with 3 meals at the weekends.
2014 Homestay costs:
- Accommodation arrangement fee: AU$260
- Home-stay: AU$275 per week
- Extra nights: AU$40
Alternative options to homestay are also available: rooms in self catered apartments, hostels, or in guest houses can be arranged by the Training Center according to availability.
2014 Airport Transfer (one-way): AU$140
More information on Sydney
Our partner school is accredited by:
Our partner School was founded in 1983.
Cambridge accredited CELTA centre since 1983
Cambridge accredited TKT testing center since 2005