TESOL courses for non native English Teachers: Newcastle, UK
Personal Methodology courses for English Teachers and CLIL teachers in Newcastle, England
The Personal Methodology courses have been especially designed for the training of overseas teachers of English, incorporating a balance of language and methodology in CLIL and TEFL teacher training contexts.
They are designed to suit experienced English language teachers, CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) teachers and teachers at the beginning of their careers.
The key advantage of this individual course is the personal focus on what the client teacher wants to learn about current trends and theories in teaching methodology.
All applicants for the Personal Methodology Course in Newcastle must:
- Have a minimum level of English: High B2 level, ideally C1
Course duration: 2 weeks, 25 hours per week - starting date: Any Monday.
Overview – Hours per week:
- 10 hours each week the teacher will participate in English language classes
- 3 hours of loop input awareness raising
- 2 hours a week observation of teachers and feedback
- 5 hours PSP in methodology
- 5 hours per week project and assignment on teaching methodology
Be part of the team!
For 10 hours each week, the teacher will participate in English Language classes – these classes will form the focus for the loop input awareness rising.
Loop input involves experiencing the lesson(s) as a student but then considering the methodology employed by the teacher. This approach involves the trainee learning through being a student but also through observing, reflecting and re-evaluating their current understanding of the teaching-and-learning process. These reflective sessions will be with the Training Centre’s teacher trainers. This will also form part of the loop input awareness raising sessions.
- Observe – experienced and qualified teachers
- Reflect – on the methodology and approaches
- Re-evaluate - understanding of the teaching and learning process
PSP (Personal Study Programme)
The PSP (Personal Study Programme) in methodology will be a series of online and server based modules on topics the teacher feels relevant to his or her teaching. This can be in English language teaching or any specialist area of teaching, e.g. CLIL (Content and Language integrated learning). These modules will include one-to-one sessions with one of the Training Centre’s teacher trainers.
Project work will involve an area of research identified as useful for the client teacher. This will then be assessed by one of the teacher trainers. In the past, teachers have completed projects on classroom management, task based learning, and learner centred teaching, using translation in English language classes and the lexical approach.
The whole experience will be as ‘one of the team’ at the Training Centre Newcastle, both from a student’s and a teacher’s perspective.
Personal Methodology TESOL Courses 2013: Course Duration 2 weeks - Starting any Monday.
|Starting date: Any Monday|
|Total Price for 2 weeks = 640 GBP|
|Registration fee (50 GBP) not included in the price.|
- If you believe you cover the minimum entry requirements to be considered as a candidate for the TESOL course in Newcastle, fill out our short enquiry form asking for the application package, always, mentioning the course starting date of your interest. Note: The demand for vacancies on these courses is very high. Applicants are advised to apply well in advance before the start of a course, although, occasionally, there could be places available due to last-minute cancellations.
- Prospective trainees must complete the application form and return this document to the Programmes Coordinator long time in advance prior the course starting date. These documents can be emailed as attachments to the Coordinator.
- Applicants who will be accepted on the course as long as there is availability on the desired starting date.
- Successful applicants will receive an offer of a place on the course of their choice immediately, if there is a place available.
- After receiving a payment request from the School, full amount must be paid in order to secure your place. On receipt of your payment the Training Centre will send you further information.
Note: There is room sometimes for last minute applications due to cancellations and therefore, room for the possibility of receiving late payments, but always, payments need to be done before starting date.
Payments can be made directly to the School via Bank Transfer or credit card.
Please note that enrolment on the TESOL course in Newcastle is subject to the following terms and conditions:
As soon as you are accepted on the course you should pay your full fees.
We cannot reserve a place on the course until this has been received.
Once your fees have been received the Teacher Training Centre will send you further information on the course.
In the case of cancellation made later than four weeks before the start of the course, requests for refund of fees can only be considered if we have been able to fill the place at short notice.