Dates & Fees
|May 30 - June 24 2016
|July 18 - August 12 2016
All fees included
Monday to Friday from 09:00am - 17:30pm
|January 30 - April 7 2016
|October 8 - December 15 2016
All fees included
Mondays & Wedensdays 17:15 - 21:30, Saturday 9:00 - 16:30pm
Are there any additional costs?
There are no additional costs. We recommend that you buy the books required to complete the course. You can find them here.
CELTA Entry Criteria
- be at least 20 years of age (applicants over 18 may be interviewed in exceptional cases).
- have a good educational background (preferably of university entrance standard).
- have an excellent command of written and spoken English
Why take the CELTA course?
CELTA – that’s Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults – is the most highly recognised and regarded initial English teaching certification worldwide. It’s awarded by the University of Cambridge’s English Language Assessment, meaning you can rely on its quality and accreditation. Every year, more than 10,000 people the world over complete a CELTA course.
You can find out everything you need to know about the CELTA course here.
CELTA Course Content
The course is divided into:
1. Language Analysis
- develop an ability to analyse language in terms of meaning, form, sound and usage
- mainly focus on grammar and pronunciation.
These sessions cover:
- different approaches to language teaching
- techniques for presentation and practice of new language
- classroom management
- use of commercially produced and authentic materials
- developing listening, reading and writing skills
3. Teaching Practice
Each trainee is required to complete a minimum of 6 hours observed teaching practice with classes of adult learners.
4. Observation of experienced Teachers
This involves observing Language Centre teachers for a total of 8 hours during the course.
CELTA Course Assessment
Assessment is continuous and is based on:
- performance in Teaching Practice
- an ability to evaluate one’s own lessons
- the quality/punctuality of written assignments
- lesson plans
- participation in all aspects of the course
- attendance, which is expected to be 100%
It is possible to pass the course at three levels: Pass A - Pass B - Pass
The final grades are awarded by the tutors and ratified by the visiting Cambridge assessor after the course.
Employment and Job Counselling
During the course, especially during the CELTA course, there is time devoted to provide you with useful information about how, where and when to look for teaching work after the course in Australia and all around the world. The CELTA qualification is the most prestigious and the most well-known of all the TEFL courses, and is recognised all over the world, not only in Australia. This means that with the CELTA qualification, numerous TEFL job opportunities are available all over the world.
There is a lot of scope for career advancement within this Teacher Training Centre and following the CELTA, teachers can continue and study for the DELTA in order to advance into school management positions. We encourage trainees to keep in touch with us after they have finished their course, either so we can advise them on how to go on to do the DELTA course, or give advice on finding work.
How to Apply
- If you believe you meet the requirements to do the CELTA Course, contact us for an application package
- Applicants who have satisfactorily completed the pre-interview task will be invited to attend an interview shortly after this date at the school or via Skype if the candidate is not based locally.
- IMPORTANT: Please note that acceptance on a course does not mean a place has been reserved for you. To ensure a place the full fee must be paid no later than two weeks before the start of the course. Fees are not transferable or refundable.
How to Pay
Having been offered a place on the course the school will inform you of payment options. A deposit is required immediately to secure a place with the remainder due normally about four weeks before the starting date.
Conditions of Enrolment
Selection Criteria, Assessment and Grades
- The CELTA is a Pass/Fail course, and if the candidate receives a 'Fail' grade or withdraws, the result cannot be changed, and the course fee will not be refunded.
- The CELTA Centre requires 100% class attendance, in addition to work outside of scheduled contact hours. As a result, absences, tardiness, incomplete or late assignments may compromise grades on the course.
- Information disclosed in the application must be complete and accurate, including any circumstances that may affect performance on the course.
- All cancellations must be received in writing.