The Teacher Training Centre and Trainers in Dublin, Ireland
The Teacher Training Center is located in the Dublin city center and is linked to one of the largest language teaching schools in Ireland.
The Center is committed to implementing high standards of quality and innovation in education and training and is accredited by University of Cambridge ESOL to run courses such as CELTA and DELTA.
The Center is also accredited by EAQUALS, an association of language training providers adhering to a demanding set of criteria for membership and committed to the achievement of excellence in the area of language teaching.
Accredited by the Irish Department of Education and Science as a school for the teaching of English as a foreign language, and is inspected by ACELS (the Advisory Council for English Language Schools).
All trainers at the Training Center in Dublin have been accepted by UCLES after having undergone an extensive trainer-in-training programme. Tutors are all practising teachers of English who divide their time between teaching and teacher training. They are highly qualified and experienced both as teachers and trainers and themselves take part in ongoing training programmes, such as attending conferences and in-house development sessions, in order to keep abreast of the cutting edge of the ELT profession.
The tutors have worked internationally and bring a wide range of key experience, qualifications and knowledge to the course. All trainers undergo a rigorous selection and training process that is monitored by Cambridge University.
Student Residence accommodation is becoming ever increasingly popular and offers more freedom than Homestay or Family style accommodation.
Typically you will be housed in a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment with other students. The Apartments are very modern and come with a fully fitted Kitchen. All services including internet access are included in the price. The residences are conveniently located in districts close to the Training Centre.
Prices are from €150 per week for a twin (sharing) room or €200 per week for a Private (single) room.
Hotel and B&B Accommodation
Hotel and B&B accommodation is available throughout the year in Dublin. Due to the significant variations in prices, we prefer quoting prices on request.
Hostels in Dublin are cheap, plentiful and generally very good quality. Hostels offer an excellent short term solution whilst you look for longer term accommodation. There are a number of top hostels within a few minutes walk of the School. For a sample of what is available check out www.hosteldublin.com
Prices are from €80-90 per week.
Room Share or Apartment living
Dublin City Centre has hundreds of modern apartments. Websites like www.daft.ie give daily listings of what is available.
Please let us know what accommodation you'll be requiring upon application and more information will be given.
- If you believe you cover the minimum requirements to be considered as a candidate for one of the Teacher Training Programmes that we offer in Dublin, Ireland, ask for the application package of the course of your choice.
- Prospective trainees must complete the application package and return it, via email, as attachment to the Programmes Coordinator well in advance before the preferred starting date.
- Within a few days after receiving your application package someone from the Teacher Training Department will contact you, at their own discretion, in order to arrange a day and a time to have an interview. For those living outside the Dublin area, this will be conducted on the telephone and applicants are to meet the cost of this, alternatively, a Skype conference can be also an option.
- After your interview they will decide if they offer you a vacancy on the course or not; if they do it, you will have one week from the moment they offer you the vacancy to pay a deposit in order to secure your vacancy on the course.
- Normally, 4 weeks prior the course commencement date, you will have to pay the balance.
How to Pay
Payments (deposit & balance) can be made directly to the School via Bank Transfer, Bank Cheque, Cash, or Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard). Under normal conditions, all fees need to be paid 4 weeks before starting date.
Dublin and Ireland
Ireland is beautiful very welcoming country, with so much to do and so much to see, please, find below some useful links on Dublin and Ireland: