Teacher Training in Perth, Australia
University of Cambridge ESOL Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults (DELTA): The Cambridge Delta is an internationally recognised qualification for experienced teachers of English wanting to open up career avenues to more senior ELT posts for which the DELTA is invariably required
Cambridge ESOL ‘Syllabus and Assessment Guidelines’ stipulate that a candidate will normally:
- have a first degree
- have some formal training in ELT (e.g. CELTA Certificate)
- have a minimum of two years’ full-time teaching experience (1200 hours) of ELT to adults within the last five years
- have a range of teaching experience, involving work in different teaching contexts and experience of teaching learners at different levels
- have a level of awareness and competence in English sufficient to complete all components of the course
- be at least 21 years old
DELTA Perth Course Modular Format
The DELTA course is comprised of three modules, which are assessed individually.
- Modules One and Two are fully integrated through an 8 week course.
- Module One must be undertaken in conjunction with Module Two.
Module One: Understanding language, methodology and resources for teaching.
Module Two: Developing Professional Practice
Modules 1 and 2 Course structure:
- Every week: 12 hours of face-to-face tutor lead classes plus 24 hours of personalised study and teaching practice per week. Total 36 hours per week during 8 weeks.
- Regarding the weekly 12 hours of face to face classes, these are run during the following days and hours: Tues 4.30.-9.00pm, Thursday 4.30-9.00pm and Saturday 9.00-1.30pm
- Regarding the 24 hours of personalised self study, there will be a classroom with computers and resources exclusively devoted to the DELTA students, open 40 hours per week for them to be able to do their weekly 24 hours of “self paced study” and preparation.
- Note: About the observed teaching you will need to do, the course is structured to allow you to do your observed lessons in your institution if you are working in a Perth school. For those travelling from elsewhere for the course our training centre can provide all classes with real students for your Teaching Practice (TP) requirements.
Modules 1 and 2 Assessment:
- Module One is assessed through two x 1 ½ hour exams in June or December 2013
- Module Two is assessed through five assignments including observation of teaching to be completed during the 8 week DELTA course.
Module Three: Extending practice and English language teaching specialisation
- This module can be undertaken simultaneously with Modules One and Two OR it can be a stand alone Module taken at a later date.
- Module Three is available only through online resources supported by 8 hours of online real time tutor support through Skype.
- The 8 hours of tutor support is available within 6 months of the completion of Modules 1 and 2. It can also be done simultaneously with Modules One and Two.
Module 3 Assessment:
- Module Three is assessed by Cambridge through a 4500 word research assignment (appendices not included in word limit) submitted to Cambridge for external assessment for submission June or December 2013.
2013 Delta Dates: Perth, Australia
|8 weeks course|
|Course 1: 2nd April-24th May|
|Course 2: 30th September – 22nd November|
|Dates for 2014 in the pipeline...|
2013 Delta Fees: Perth, Australia
|Modules 1, 2 & 3: $4,800 AUD||(includes all Cambridge Exam fees, tuition, resources, practice teaching arrangements)|
|Early Bird Price $4,560 AUD||with cut off dates 15/2/2013 and 16/8/2013
(includes all Cambridge fees, tuition resources and practice teaching arrangements)
|Modules 1 & 2 only: $4,100 AUD||(includes all Cambridge fees, tuition resources and practice teaching arrangements)|
|Module 3 only: $850 AUD||(includes Cambridge exam fee and online resources for independent study and access to online tutor for 8 hours.)|