CELTA Courses in Perth
|Full Time CELTA Courses in Perth|
|December 28 - January 22 ($3100)|
|May 2 - May 27 2016|
|July 11 - August 5 2016|
|October 3 - October 28 2016|
|November 7- December 2 2016|
|Apply for CELTA in Perth|
|Part Time CELTA Courses in Perth|
|February 9 - April 16 2016|
|April 26 - July 2 2016|
|August 23 - October 29 2016|
|Apply for CELTA in Perth|
Holidays: New Years Day Jan 1 (2015), Australia Day Jan 26, Labour Day Mar 2, Good Friday Apr 3, Easter Monday Apr 6, ANZAC Day Apr 27, Western Australia Day Jun 1, Queens Birthday Sep 28, Christmas Break Dec 25 & 26 Classes closed: December 20 - Jan 4 2016
Early Bird: When accepted onto the course: pay in full 6 weeks prior to course start and get a $250 discount.
The CELTA course has prepared me to be a better teacher by breaking the tasks down into very definite areas, both in terms of lesson planning, language and knowledge. We had plenty of teaching practice and got very
I really enjoyed the classes we took with the lecturers. They were well planned, well paced, interactive and relevant, with plenty of opportunity to speak out as a student. I also found the CELTA trainers to be very knowledgeable, pleasant and organised. They were very supportive and energetic.
- Julie Durant - CELTA Course / Perth, Australia
About the CELTA Course in Perth
CELTA Course Introduction and Aims
CELTA provides a qualification for teachers without previous training, little or no experience as a language teacher, or without a NEAS (National ELICOS Accreditation Scheme) recognised English language teaching qualification. The CELTA is recognised throughout the world and is a pre-requisite to teach in many institutions overseas and in Australia.
You can read everything you will need to know about the Cambridge CELTA TEFL course here.
Successful candidates will:
- gain specialist knowledge in the field of English Language Teaching with methodology based on Best Practice in English language teaching institutions worldwide
- gain the recognition needed to work in accredited language centres both overseas and in Australia
- be provided with a sound practical basis for teaching General English to adults
- receive a report from the Training Center upon course completion.
- successful candidates receive their internationally recognised Cambridge University ESOL CELTA Certificate
CELTA Entry Criteria
- have reached a standard of education equivalent to university entrance level
- be 20 years of age or be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree programme
- be competent in written and spoken English in order to follow the course successfully
- complete a written application and pre-interview task
- attend an interview.
Note: Acceptance is not automatic. In the case of an unsuccessful application, the Training Center cannot enter into correspondence or discussion concerning the reasons for a place on the course not having been offered. This rigorous selection process is undertaken in the interest of candidates and to ensure a high level of success on the course. Successful applicants will be given a comprehensive pre-course learning task to be completed prior to the course commencement.
CELTA Course in Perth: Content and Assessment
The course consists of:
- a minimum of 106 contact hours between participants and course tutors (This includes lectures, tutorial support, lesson planning, etc)
- a minimum of 6 hours teaching practice supervised by a course tutor, feedback on teaching practice and peer observation)
- a minimum of 8 hours directed observation of lessons taught by experienced teachers
- In addition to the scheduled timetable, the course also requires a minimum of a further 50 hours for required reading, research and preparation of lessons and assignments.
CELTA Course Assessment
Course assessment, which is continuous and integrated, is based on classroom teaching practice and on written assignments. The certificate is awarded to candidates who satisfy all assessment criteria and complete all course requirements.
An external assessor, who is appointed by Cambridge University, visits each course in order to observe practice teaching and to inspect candidates' portfolios of written work. Their role is to standardise grading, recommend final grades and monitor the courses. The University of Cambridge awards final grades and issues Certificates to successful candidates.
The full-time course is very intensive and requires total commitment. In addition to course hours you should allow between three to four hours each evening for lesson preparation and writing assignments and one weekend day would also be required. You should also be in good health and be able to manage the stress arising from an intensive course of this nature.
Employment with CELTA
The CELTA Certificate is the TEFL qualification with the highest recognition worldwide; it is also the preferred one by employers. Part of the CELTA course content is devoted to provide you with useful information about how, where and when to look for teaching work in Australia and all around the world.
After successful completion of the CELTA course, graduates can elect to receive emails about job opportunities in Australia and around the world from the Teacher Training department. There are numerous jobs that come through each day!
Bear in mind than in Australia, in order to teach English, you will be required a degree on top of your CELTA. If you don’t have a degree and want to teach English with your CELTA you will have to look for work opportunities outside Australia.
Plus, once you complete your CELTA TEFL certificate in Perth, you will be eligible to sign up to TEFLwork, an online jobs portal for qualified teachers.
How to Apply
If you believe you cover the minimum entry requirements to be considered as a candidate for the CELTA course in Perth fill out our short enquiry form asking for the application package.
Prospective trainees must complete the CELTA application package and return it to us including an updated copy of their CV a long time in advance of the course starting date. These documents need to be emailed as attachments to us.
Applicants who have satisfactorily completed the pre-interview task will be invited to attend an interview shortly after this date at the School or on the telephone if the candidate is not based within the Perth region. Skype can also be an alternative option to avoid long distance phone call costs.
On receipt of your payment the CELTA tutors in Perth will send you documents to prepare you further.
Note: There is room sometimes for last minute applications due to cancellations and therefore, room for the possibility of receiving late payments. Payments always need to be made before the starting date.